Visa to Australia

jamstart

Reaction score
prob earning $$$ using company's facility and $$$ going into own pocket. note POSB bank transfer. if the $$$'s going into the company's account, usually will be payment by credit card.
I dont see there is a problem. If you can pay cheaper, why not? Or you rather pay online for AUD20 for visa? It is a benefit of the traveller, anyway.

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I dont see there is a problem. If you can pay cheaper, why not? Or you rather pay online for AUD20 for visa? It is a benefit of the traveller, anyway.

most agencies are charging a SGD$10 service fee for the visa application. SIA used to do it FOC if you purchased the flight (to Aus) with them (now i don't know their practice).

it's not right to do so cos it's using company's resources to make personal pocket money.

jamstart

Reaction score
I have no comment of what he is doing is right or wrong. Well, you mentioned it's not right to do so cos it's using company's resources to make personal pocket money. So it is right to surf HWZ or do our personal things during office hour? :p Chill.

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have no comment of what he is doing is right or wrong. Well, you mentioned it's not right to do so cos it's using company's resources to make personal pocket money. So it is right to surf HWZ or do our personal things during office hour? :p Chill.

does surfing the web during office hours generate any income? :s11:

doing personal things is fine, but don't step over the line.

for ie.: constantly on the phone for > an hour (personal)
or doing freelance jobs like book-keeping, design, updating own blog store, that will generate income.

every has his/her own perspectives. i believe most companies will not tolerate their staff using company's resources to generate personal income.

jamstart

Reaction score
Agree with you, it depend on one's perspective, how you look at it. If you are spending hours doing personal things without any benefit to the company, the company will see it not right too. For this case, he is worst, cos it is his own income. Again, we are abit jumping the gun cos we may not know if he runs or owns that company. Haha.

mukguhim

Reaction score
Hey guys, just to check if anyone knows :)

I will be travelling to Australia from 15 to 28 September but my ETA visa (from last year) expires on the 26th Sept.

Do I have to apply for a new one?

Thanks!

krisflyermiles

Reaction score
Dont need.

When you enter AUST on 15Sep using the old visa, you are allow to stay up to 3months.

If you had bought yr ticket thru yr travel agency, ask them to re-apply a new visa. It cost S$0 and can get approval within 2-3mins.

boohoos

Reaction score
prob earning $$$ using company's facility and $$$ going into own pocket. note POSB bank transfer. if the $$$'s going into the company's account, usually will be payment by credit card.

Wow. Didnt check the forums for an entire week and came back to a rude shock. First to clarify, the travel agency is owned by my aunt. I assist my aunt on a freelance basis whenever I'm free from my other jobs. That's why for one fellow hwz reader who emailed me to do 11 visas altogether, I could have only done it at night.

As for the POSB acc part, I only have a POSB/UOB acc and our company's corporate acc is through OCBC. Our bank statements are gonna be in a mess if everyone start's transferring $10 to us no?

I was trying to help fellow hwz readers out by offering a service but it seems that it's not being appreciated at all. Yes, i am earning money from this too but it's a service that you're paying for.

krisflyermiles

Reaction score
I was trying to help fellow hwz readers out by offering a service but it seems that it's not being appreciated at all. Yes, i am earning money from this too but it's a service that you're paying for.

if you are helping, you shouldnt charge so high.
Maybe S$1 to S$5 or free since you want to be helpful.

Zetta83

Master Member
Reaction score
Off the topic.. Aussie's tourism is quite bad now due to the A$ being that high. I think that the Aussie gov should do away with this $20 fee, attract more ppls to Aus and spend.

takuyazzz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does applying through JA provides you with a confirmation of the ETA status? something like a proof of approval of the ETA?

yep, they send u a pdf copy of the ETA confirmation. Just done mine last week.

ministryofprint

Reaction score
You can actually apply at the airport when you check in. During check-in, they will ask if you have a visa, and if you don't, they will refer you to a counter where you can apply and get instant approval. It's only $18.

krisflyermiles

Reaction score
Apply Australia visa at changi airport (if you are taking SQ) also very cheap.
Only S$75 per person.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.