Vivo X60 series thread

Vulpix

Reaction score
RRP for X60 Pro is 1199 it seems.

mukushu

Reaction score
You able to detect? My area trial seems over, I use back xm mi10 pro also can't see it now
As far as I know, I am using M1 @ AMK. 5G is not fully launched here yet but in other areas, I am able to get 5G network outdoors. 5G to me now is not that crucial. 4G speed is good enough and the current experience is better than iPhone 12 Pro Max.

kakoutan

Reaction score
OriginOS is still quite a new kid on the block. It is ilke Funtouch OS going through a plastic surgery but with improved speed.

Comparing OriginOS and ColorOS, ColorOS is definitely much matured since it's v11. So...
- If you are someone who is looking for stability and/or close to iOS, then go for Oppo ColorOS.
- If you don't mind to play with a new OS, then I will say OriginOS is quite cool. I quite like the icons without text labels. Of course, you can still switch back to the Funtouch OS style anytime. Spent about an hour trying to drag the icons here and there by matching the icon colours and resizing them (not all icons can be resized, only the vivo proprietary apps and Chinese apps like Taobao, JD).
- In terms of stability, OriginOS is on v1, so expect some bugs here and there. If you cannot tahan, then not recommended.
- There are only a few Nano widgets available but I am sure there will be more in future updates. Nano widgets are those live widgets that you can swipe to see on the home screen without even going into the app. Example the weather widget in the screenshot. You can swipe up to see the next few days weather.
- I set my phone to Chinese language mainly because the phrasing is much more accurate and the overall text aesthetics is better. IMO, ColorOS's own font Oppo Sans is by far the best Chinese OS font that looks good in both English and Chinese languages.

CN Rom Relevance
- CN Rom comes with Google Play Services installed, you just need to go online search for the latest Google Play Store APK and install, that simple.
- Setting up notifications for WhatsApp took a while for me to find out but yes, it can be done, ColorOS is seamless if I recalled when I was using Oppo Find X2 Pro CN Rom.
- I have been using .mac email since umpteen years ago (before .me and iCloud for those who don't know or not from that era) and setup was possible with vivo's email client although once again ColorOS is more seamless. If you want to use a separate email client like Gmail then I think you will need to set the notifications like how you would do for WhatsApp. Alternatively, you can select the Gmail setup on vivo's email client.
- I have not used Google Assistant on Oppo or vivo. I quite like Breeno AI (Oppo) and Jovi AI (vivo), I had Jovi once in a while texting me asking where I was... then cheekily say never heard from me the whole day and miss me... Can even sing a line or 2 of Jay Chou's song... Google got like that?
- I used both vivo's browser and Chrome but you can set Chrome as the default browser. You can also set Gmail as default email client.
- vivo's Payment Pack is not quite relevant in SG so it will can be useless unless you are willing to use WeChat Pay (with a binded Credit/Debit Card) or Alipay (under a renewable 90-day e-Tour Pass binded with Credit/Debit Card) to make local QR payments which I do sometimes. Most of the time, I use WeChat Pay or Alipay to pay for my games like King of Glory (the original version of Arena of Valor by Garena) or Ace Force (Overwatch-like game on mobile). It's much seamless than getting credit top-ups from 3rd party vendors when I was on iOS.
- I registered my vivo user account under China region so connection will be a little challenging unless you VPN to China. I haven't try vivoCloud but vivo has an app EasyShare on iOS/Android/Desktop for you to backup, transfer between iOS <> Android. I haven't got the time to try Google back up but I think it should be possible.
- NFC payment: Tried it today for transport. The kaaching sound sibei loud when the payment went through... The bus driver and some uncles turned and looked at me using what phone. Dunno wanna be proud or paiseh. Anyway, you can set the default NFC from vivoPay to Google Pay but when you want to pay, you need to open the app. You can set the long-press volume down button to open Google Pay when the phone screen is off.

Others
- Gameplay for King of Glory is very smooth, surprisingly smoother than iPhone 12 Pro Max.
- Power consumption wise I think is very much better than iPhone 12 Pro Max especially when gaming. Imagine on iPhone, max is 12 rounds of 20 minutes 5v5 whereas vivo can play about 20 rounds.
- Camera is superb no need to elaborate further.
- Sadly the screen is not your 10 billion colours, only 16.7 million but I can live with that.
- Another sad thing is no stereo speakers but ok la, also can live with that.
- Can install Google Keyboard but I prefer to use Sogou because can mimic some Chinese characters voice for voice message (like Jack Ma) to my Chinese friends...
- A word of caution, try not to delete the vivo App Store, because it is useful for updating vivo own apps.
- Mine is the blue leather model. The sides are matte and sliverish blue. Orange is nice, nicer than the Oppo Find X2 Pro but chinese reviews reported that the Orange one gets dirty easily and very visible (though it can be cleaned away with wet wipes).

Initially I wanted to get Oppo Find X3 Pro CN Rom but because of the extra dollars I have to pay and the microscopic lens which I don't foresee always using or even playing with it, I ended up choosing x60 pro+. Of course, another alternative is go back to Oppo Find X2 Pro but close to no stocks in CN.

So yes, daily essential apps in SG is not of an issue.

Here are some screenshots. There are other apps but I never place them on the home screen because I reckon I won't use often (like Google Docs/Sheets/Slides, etc) and also because of the icons colours I am not sure how to match. Pardon my OCD...

Screenshot-20210506-220415.jpg
Screenshot-20210506-220422.jpg
Screenshot-20210506-220442.jpg
Screenshot-20210506-220542.jpg
Screenshot-20210506-221347.jpg
Hi there,

How is the phone's WideVine support? Is it L1 or L3? - FHD playback possible for Netflix?

garychengjw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seems like for local set it's 1199 for Pro, 999 for regular. Spotted on Qoo10, Shopee and Carousel.

phiber

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone has the x60 pro+ plus with google playstore installed?
Does the google maps location history work, does google backup work also?
how about things like banking app? google pay, singpass, tracetogether, etc?

garychengjw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

The Vivo X60 and X60 Pro officially begin retail on 15 May 2021 at the following prices:

Vivo X60 with 12GB RAM + 256GB storage - S$999
Vivo X60 Pro with 12GB RAM + 256GB storage - S$1,199

Each purchase of a Vivo X60 entitles the customer to a gift box and DJI Osmo Mobile 3 (worth S$228 in total), while stocks last.

Each purchase of a Vivo X60 Pro entitles the customer to a gift box and Harman Kardon Aura Studio 3 (worth S$498 in total), while stocks last

mukushu

Reaction score
anyone has the x60 pro+ plus with google playstore installed?
Does the google maps location history work, does google backup work also?
how about things like banking app? google pay, singpass, tracetogether, etc?
you can refer to my earlier post with some screenshots.

anyway, x60 pro+ comes with google services installed. under settings > accounts, there is a 'Google Account' option for you to add.

google playstore - just download from apkmirror and install.
google chrome - works and you can set default browser to chrome.
google maps - works with history.
google suite - works.
google pay - works can pay transport too.
vivo calendar - syncs with google calendar (no need to install google calendar)
vivo email - works with your google mail account. simple usage. if you want advanced or complex features, then install gmail. you can also set default email client to gmail.
vivo contacts - this one you need to install google contacts sync to ensure the contacts sync, installing google contacts ONLY won't work.
dbs/paylah - works.
singpass - works.
tracetogether - works.
whatsapp/telegram - works.

NOTE: you need to activate the following for those apps u wanna receive notifications:
- battery management
- priority notification
- run in background (so far the battery consumption is still quite healthy)
- whitelist

then (recommended to) restart phone.

btw, you have 2 options for font selection. by default, 'vivo font' is selected, the other option if i am not wrong is 'noto sans'. 'vivo font' apostrophe has a wide spacing which some people cannot tolerate. this is no bug. it's just that this font supports mainly chinese users. u can change to 'noto sans' or download other fonts from vivo iTheme app (some chargeable at about S$1). alternatively you can download your own favourite font then install zFont from PlayStore and install your favourite font with this app.

how to pay with on iTheme, you can use wechat pay. but u need to have your wechat account verified (submitting passport/nric) if i am not wrong. once verified, add your SG credit/debit.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.