Vocations for PRs?

01101108

Junior Member
Joined
May 29, 2018
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
I'm a 2nd gen PR currently still in BMT, not very familiar with many things regarding NS. But I heard that it is likely that PRs will given a more "slack"/support vocation? Is this true?

I really, really, really don't want to go to a combat vocation. I really don't like handling weapons. But I'm PES A L1 or smth. Is it very likely I will kena something like infantry?
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,289
Reaction score
5,867
I'm a 2nd gen PR currently still in BMT, not very familiar with many things regarding NS. But I heard that it is likely that PRs will given a more "slack"/support vocation? Is this true?

I really, really, really don't want to go to a combat vocation. I really don't like handling weapons. But I'm PES A L1 or smth. Is it very likely I will kena something like infantry?
You heard from who?

the more you don't want, the more you get
 

mgx-alander

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
98,484
Reaction score
15,580
Those high clearance unit u wont get

but there are also combat units that are low clearance
:crazy:
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,289
Reaction score
5,867
I know :( just asking if its likelier or not


Platoon mate who is PR. He studied abroad and came here to serve NS. He said a lot of his friends in the same situation got into support units. Something to do with clearance level or smth.
If you end up going to xiong unit, are you gonna whack your platoon mate for bringing your expectations up, and end up being disappointed?
 

owchan

Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2018
Messages
228
Reaction score
0
I'm a 2nd gen PR currently still in BMT, not very familiar with many things regarding NS. But I heard that it is likely that PRs will given a more "slack"/support vocation? Is this true?

I really, really, really don't want to go to a combat vocation. I really don't like handling weapons. But I'm PES A L1 or smth. Is it very likely I will kena something like infantry?
Your friend is wrong.

Yes, clearance level plays a part but that doesn't mean you'll get support vocations just because you are PR.

I handled postings and had numerous Australian nationality PRs go into high clearance vocations.

As a PR, you can get posted to signals, infantry or armor.

Whether you like it or not is irrelevant. This is army not your holiday camp, you don't get to choose what you want.

You will be put where ever they deem you fit.

If anything, you'll never get airforce. Officers still get a chance at being posted as naval officers but not airforce.

Last time I checked, you need high clearance level for navy as they handle foreign warships.
 

firsttimebuyer

Master Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2015
Messages
4,612
Reaction score
1,016
Your friend is wrong.

Yes, clearance level plays a part but that doesn't mean you'll get support vocations just because you are PR.

I handled postings and had numerous Australian nationality PRs go into high clearance vocations.

As a PR, you can get posted to signals, infantry or armor.

Whether you like it or not is irrelevant. This is army not your holiday camp, you don't get to choose what you want.

You will be put where ever they deem you fit.

If anything, you'll never get airforce. Officers still get a chance at being posted as naval officers but not airforce.

Last time I checked, you need high clearance level for navy as they handle foreign warships.

How are recruits assigned vocations? Like signals vs armour vs infantry? Always been curious how its done....
 

hihi98

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2019
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
Sorry mind explaning what is this clearance thing about? First time heard it haha thanks.
 

pikafunk3

Banned
Joined
Apr 28, 2013
Messages
37,828
Reaction score
4,639
I'm a 2nd gen PR currently still in BMT, not very familiar with many things regarding NS. But I heard that it is likely that PRs will given a more "slack"/support vocation? Is this true?

I really, really, really don't want to go to a combat vocation. I really don't like handling weapons. But I'm PES A L1 or smth. Is it very likely I will kena something like infantry?

not many people like to handle weapons, or even do NS in the first place.

you will likely go to a combat vocation. that should not surprise you since that is what the army is about.

learn to adapt. since you and your family chose to stay in our country, its the least you can do for us.
 

wabbit92

Member
Joined
May 18, 2016
Messages
212
Reaction score
3
I know :( just asking if its likelier or not


Platoon mate who is PR. He studied abroad and came here to serve NS. He said a lot of his friends in the same situation got into support units. Something to do with clearance level or smth.

Not true, there are plenty of PRs (malaysian, chinese, US) who became commissioned infantry officers posted to SIRs, so clearance probably not a large factor for normal combat units. Beside if your clearance is really that bad, you will be posted to SCDF or SPF in the very first place.
 
Last edited:

Strawbelly

Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2019
Messages
114
Reaction score
0
Not true, there are plenty of PRs (malaysian, chinese, US) who became commissioned infantry officers posted to SIRs, so clearance probably not a large factor for normal combat units. Beside if your clearance is really that bad, you will be posted to SCDF or SPF in the very first place.

Iirc infantry clearance not really that high unless you talking about recce unit. You see the type of work the NSFs deal with then you can more or less gauge whether their clearance is high already. For my voc they only accept sinkies even for man-level.
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,289
Reaction score
5,867
Iirc infantry clearance not really that high unless you talking about recce unit. You see the type of work the NSFs deal with then you can more or less gauge whether their clearance is high already. For my voc they only accept sinkies even for man-level.
what is your voc
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,289
Reaction score
5,867
Gbad
As in I never see any PRs nor did any of my friends in other Gbad units also know of any PRs but that was nearly half a decade also so maybe times has changed?
Times might have changed, but at the same time it might be too sweeping of a statement to say that cause maybe what you have heard/seen/know of is a small fish in a big pond
 

wabbit92

Member
Joined
May 18, 2016
Messages
212
Reaction score
3
Iirc infantry clearance not really that high unless you talking about recce unit. You see the type of work the NSFs deal with then you can more or less gauge whether their clearance is high already. For my voc they only accept sinkies even for man-level.

Yup agreed hence the statement basic combat units. Since TS only talking about combat units as a general form, less he can specify what kind of combat units he is trying to avoid.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top