Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

CombatKrieg

Reaction score
No wonder my package's tamper proof tape was torn with. Never gonna use vPost ever again.

newkidontheblk

Reaction score
boderlinx sucks

i wld like to share 2 recent bad experience with boderlinx. 1st case, i ordered front and rear brake pads and paid via paypal. however, the UPS tracking showed that boderlinx "refused to accept" the shipment, twice. i the end, I was billed 15% of the item for re-stocking, and yet never received anything. the answer from boderlinx: no boderlinx or suite number was indicated on the address. my check with paypal and the merchant showed otherwise. ask boderlinx for proof and they could not produce. guess what? they offered me a $5 discount on my next shipment.

2nd incident. last week ordered some auto parts from ebay. paid via paypal. this time, send constant updates to boderlinx about the movement of my item. heng heng item was received and they billed me. wanted to use the $5 discount but was told need to have a code. i thought forget it, since only $5. so i paid for the item and after that (same day) asked boderlinx how the tax was derived. I was told it is 7% of shipping and item cost. So I asked them how they determined the item cost. they told me it is estimated. i showed them the invoice and they said sorry, too late, paid already cannot change. in the end, I was over billed by $25. this time round, they offered me a $20 rebate on next shipping, again no code or what-so-ever.

I feel so irritated that I am being over charged by boderlinx based on their lazy attitude of simply estimating the item's cost without asking. why can't they do the right thing and just admit their mistake and re-calculate the tax?

jungon

Reaction score
how much is the total shipping fee if i just want to buy an earphone from amazon using comgateway? weight only 1 pound.

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how much is the total shipping fee if i just want to buy an earphone from amazon using comgateway? weight only 1 pound.

check comgateway website, they got the postage info.

Laneige

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone has borderlinx discount coupon to share. thanks in adv.

vpost... heard lots of stories abt it. i think it will be better to buy insurance etc if u can. better be safe

bakasa2002

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
BL got discount coupon? Heehee ... I read somewhere got 30% discount any idea?

Btw, I have an attempted delivery from Amazon via USPS on 30 Oct, which failed, is it due to BL being close on Sat? Do I need to reschedule the re-delivery or USPS will re-attempt? Thanks.

Rainbow1112

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
damn CGW they dun give my package a repack option when previous package which is around the same weight is able to repack.

maerCecI

Reaction score
Hi, Anybody ever tried to ask vpost to recalculate the total shipping cost? I changed my OOS item to another cheaper item and forgot to forward the update invoice to them. So they charging me slightly more for GST. I call them up and already email them my invoice. But until now no reply from them. And it seems like my package is still not shipping according to the status reflected on their website. Starting to lose my patience with them.

Anybody has the same experience?

Laneige

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone having issues with BL payment? I cannot pay.

Since Friday!!!!! WTFFFFFFFF

No issue with card.

amazon freak

Reaction score
vpost vs bordlinx

As I have multiple shipments from Amazon, I have some shipped via Vpost and some via Borderlinx to get a "direct" comparison. Here's a summary of the experience:

Borderlinx
Total chargeable weight: 9.42kg (x2 shipments)
Discount: $29 (30%)
Final cost: $7.9/kg
Shipment out from Amazon (x2 shipments): 25 Oct
Delivered: 1 Nov (quick!)
Support: contact helpdesk once via chat about credit card; resolved in 24 hrs, feedback by email.
Web site experience: good, calculation very clear, easy to check cost difference of splitting shippments to avoid GST.
Payment: via Citibank CC straight forward.
Overall experience: very good.

Vpost
Total chargeable weight: 17.1kg (5 shipments consolidated)
Discount: $20 (20%)
Final cost: $7.8/kg
Shipment out of Amazon (x5 shipments): 25 Oct
Delivered: est. 8 Nov (at least twice as long)
Support: contact helpdesk twice by phone, had to wait several minutes; resolution in 24 hours, no email feedback - had to check web for resolution.
Web experience: terrible tracking information; duplicate invoices, incorrect matching. No clear way of splitting shipments if all shipments are in.
Payment: via OCBC credit card. No issue.
Overall experience: poor. very time consuming to check website for status and to call helpdesk. Forwarding/Invoice matching is a painful process.

Summary:
So my experience this time is that both cost about the same per kg, Borderlinx process is simpler and less time consuming, easier to manage shipment split to avoid GST. Note - the comparison is slightly unfair as more separate shipments went to vpost so risk of things going wrong is higher. But just base on the simpler process, cleaner website and faster delivery, I will go with Borderlinx on my next Amazon shopping.

Hope this is helpful.

Laneige

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i will go direct for Amazon shopping if the items can be shipped over.

amazon freak

Reaction score
i will go direct for Amazon shopping if the items can be shipped over.

Yes I think that would be the first thing to do. From what I can see, seems to me Amazon doesnt calculate shipping cost based on volumetric weight? I wonder if anyone has compared the cost of direct Amazon shipping vs Borderlinx?

maerCecI

Reaction score
Giving up on Vpost to correct the product cost. Lucky the difference isnt alot. Just want to experiment how they handle special issues like that. *thumbs down*

Their tracking system also CMI. Status don't reflect accurately. I got a suprise delivery today even when the last updated status say it depart from airport last night. Skipped custom and reached my place. Haha.

Laneige

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes I think that would be the first thing to do. From what I can see, seems to me Amazon doesnt calculate shipping cost based on volumetric weight? I wonder if anyone has compared the cost of direct Amazon shipping vs Borderlinx?

when they ship to USA address, they use boxes, some v big for few books or if too many books ordered, they will split up the order n u end up with few boxes.

if i ship directly, the box so compact. and i prefer direct because any issues u go back to Amazon directly. their cs is very good. and buy those heavy books, confirm wu hua lah

Rainbow1112

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
then how much extra you need to pay?

package actual weight is 8.6kg volume weight is 16kg..

normally they give me repack to 12kg but this time they say cant repack. I already prove to them that i got similar package that had been able to repack yet they still say cant...

bakasa2002

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Comparing CGW and BL std rates, it seems that if I based a package solely based on 6kg (example), CGW will come to $11 + ($2.85 x 5) = USD$25.25 and BL will cost USD$42.42? Is this calculation right? Appreciate any advice.

In that case, does it mean that for bigger item, CGW is cheaper than BL? thx.

jazdrive

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
package actual weight is 8.6kg volume weight is 16kg..

normally they give me repack to 12kg but this time they say cant repack. I already prove to them that i got similar package that had been able to repack yet they still say cant...

Well, you shouldn't choose CGW thinking that the repacking option is always available, as they are not that consistent in implementing that.

Choosing the most economical forwarder out of the 3 known ones for you should be the priority.

Personally, I use Vpost and CGW only, depending on the items I ordered.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.