Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

Slayer1

Master Member
Reaction score
is it safe to order earphones from Amazon using vpost?

stussyking

Reaction score
vpost lost my package .. twice already .. this sucks .. i was so looking forward to a new hp xD

maisatomai

Banned
Reaction score
I am shipping a binocular from US. Just wondering why people dun choose comgateway since they do not have tax (tax free state).

undised

Master Member
Reaction score

Hyori

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

the_dog

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am shipping a binocular from US. Just wondering why people dun choose comgateway since they do not have tax (tax free state).

I use both CGW and Borderlinx, and find CGW shipping usually more expensive. I use them only when I expect that the item will need to be re-packed to save on shipping costs.

undised

Master Member
Reaction score
now citiglobeshoipper also have charges for conceirge right?? is there any which does not have?

is there any program under amex?

hmm...not that sure as I have never being charged for any concierge service fee from Borderlinx when I last used them long time ago.
https://www.borderlinx.com/m/pages/citi-sg/faq/concierge-fee

if you don't want to be charged for concierge service and also own a DBS/POSB card, you might wanna consider vpost.
http://www.vpost.com.sg/dbs/

for Amex payment you can only go for comgateway, no other choices.

eDisFieD

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi experts out thr, I'm quite new to this.
Shld i go for BL or CGW or VIAddress if i'm buying a toy diorama which weigh ard 8lbs (3.6kg), any advice? The item is from US ebay and free shipping in the US. Thanks!

Last edited:

Hyori

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I use both CGW and Borderlinx, and find CGW shipping usually more expensive. I use them only when I expect that the item will need to be re-packed to save on shipping costs.

does CGW charge for repacking?

the_dog

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, there is a charge, US$7 I think. But its subject to them assessing whether the package qualifies to be repacked or not.

Hyori

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, there is a charge, US$7 I think. But its subject to them assessing whether the package qualifies to be repacked or not.

just wondering why does ppl use CGW conceirge services? sinces its chargable at 5%... and borderlinx is free??

also are we able to allow from ralph lauren using own CC?

the_dog

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For me Borderlinx has always been the most trouble-free, until a recent incident. I had ordered 2 down vests from Lands End and shipped them to Borderlinx. Borderlinx assessed the package as a whopping 18.7kg !:eek: Shipping for this single box alone was US$110 !

I had to chase them via email and live chat for over a week to get them to measure the box again. Finally they sent me an email to say it has been updated, but no explanation or apology. The new weight now ? 2kg.

u4ria2008

Reaction score
Just to share my personal experience with ComGateway. Their service is really bad.

First of all, it takes ages (10-15 mins) to get in touch with their customer service through live chat. Once it is my turn, it takes them 2-3 mins to respond to each of my questions.

Secondly, I paid the premium to have the product delivered to me through 'express delivery' which they claimed in their website that it takes 3-4 days to deliver to me. Well I made the payment on the 8th January and only received the tracking number today (12th Jan)!!! The estimate delivery date is 18th January!!!!

I'll sure blacklist this company for future purchase.

undised

Master Member
Reaction score
For me Borderlinx has always been the most trouble-free, until a recent incident. I had ordered 2 down vests from Lands End and shipped them to Borderlinx. Borderlinx assessed the package as a whopping 18.7kg !:eek: Shipping for this single box alone was US$110 !

I had to chase them via email and live chat for over a week to get them to measure the box again. Finally they sent me an email to say it has been updated, but no explanation or apology. The new weight now ? 2kg.

you are not alone.

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showpost.php?p=51095204&postcount=87

Just to share my personal experience with ComGateway. Their service is really bad.

First of all, it takes ages (10-15 mins) to get in touch with their customer service through live chat. Once it is my turn, it takes them 2-3 mins to respond to each of my questions.

Secondly, I paid the premium to have the product delivered to me through 'express delivery' which they claimed in their website that it takes 3-4 days to deliver to me. Well I made the payment on the 8th January and only received the tracking number today (12th Jan)!!! The estimate delivery date is 18th January!!!!

I'll sure blacklist this company for future purchase.

at least you did receive the tracking info after 4 days, I received it only after 7 days!!

imo, all the 3 better known forwarders suck bad, so just choose the cheapest one will do.

dinosaur2776

Master Member
Reaction score
just want to check, if im shipping something that is 2 pounds only,no repacking, which is the fastest and cheapest? Comgate or vpost? Assuming i dun take any premium or express shipping?

botoguy

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone knows the roughly/range price of about 2KG weight goods in the box for Borderlinx? if can, roughly for vpost and comgateway also? My first time and don't know which one is better to ship from US to Singapore. I got citibank card.

Thanks in adv :)

the_dog

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone knows the roughly/range price of about 2KG weight goods in the box for Borderlinx? if can, roughly for vpost and comgateway also? My first time and don't know which one is better to ship from US to Singapore. I got citibank card.

Thanks in adv :)

I just paid approx S$50 for shipping a 2kg package from Borderlinx. This includes a 15% discount (do a search for the coupon number).

gooifier

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just a short qn

Can we use our Amazon.com account to log into Amazon.co.jp?

Coz I have been trying to do that but Amazon.co.jp dun recongise my account. The UK and USA Amazon do regonise leh....

any advise?

touchme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just paid approx S$50 for shipping a 2kg package from Borderlinx. This includes a 15% discount (do a search for the coupon number).
why so kwee?..i thot CGW 2 kg only= US$11 + 2.85*3 + $2-3 (ins), max S$32 only. Unless yr S$50 inc. 7% GST payment? Or yr package very big, end up paying for air, styrofoam, and a big carton box.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.