Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

Laneige

Honorary Member
Reaction score
I just realised today that CGW charges 0.5kg minimum for any package. I have 4 t-shirts orders and they only weigh 0.2kg each but all under seperate delivery, so I incurred an additional 0.3kgx4 (1.2kg) worth of shipping charges

Does anybody know what are the shipping charges are like for the other forwarders and if they have any minimum weight per package?

This is the basic thing.
A lot of courier co charged u by PER package received. so if u order from amazon n they ship 10items in 5 boxes. good luck. U will have to pay ALL 5 boxes shipping charges, based on volumetric/ dead weight, whichever is higher

another thing mentioned by me before

like i have 2 packages,

lets say after the dead weight or volumetric, the exact weight (heavier ones) is...

package1 - 2.1kg
package2 - 2.9kg

Borderlinx will charge as 2.1 + 2.9 THEN total round UP to nearest 0.5kg = 5kg
If it happened to be 5.1kg they charge as 5.5kg

For CGW/HopshopGo

its becomes 2.5kg + 3kg = 5.5Kg

Not only so... these r other differences

BL no need pay insurance
CGW/HopshopGo need to pay for own insurance

BL 24hrs online chat???
CGW always offline for SG time online chat

Last edited:

Laneige

Honorary Member
Reaction score
I have never posted a review of a company service no matter how bad their service is. But, comGateway is an exception. I’m sharing my experience for you to decide whether you want to use their service or not.

11 Aug 2011, received a call from UOB Amex card offering free international delivery for 1st 1000 customer with comGateway using Amex card for payment. I setup an account and order an item through Amazon and shipped to comGateway.

19 Aug 2011, item delivered to comGateway facility at 10:07AM by UPS.

24 Aug 2011, after 6 days or 4 working days later there were no sign of package in my account. So, contacted them via Live Chat. I was told it will be updated in my account by 25 Aug.

25 Aug 2011, received an email that the package is in my account but the item is an ORMD/PROHIBITED that it can’t be shipped. Advise me to redirect to local US address or DISCARD the item. (Note: I have been ordering this hair foam from Amazon and shipped via VPOST since 2002 without any problem)

26 Aug 2011, I replied the email stated that I can’t return the item to Amazon as it had past the 7 days returning policy due to their late action in matching to my account. I requested them to help in view of their delay.

29 Aug 2011, they replied they can redirect to a US address for a fee or DISCARD it. I replied whether they could absorb the redirection fee since I have promise free international shipping.

09 Sep 2011, they replied they didn’t run such promotion with Amex and so can’t waive the charges. I called UOB Amex card to verify and they confirmed that they are running such promotion and will speak with them directly.

22 Sep 2011, after numerous emails and waiting. I have given up and going to pay for the redirection charge. As I do not have any US address I have asked them redirect to the VPOST address. But, they told me they can’t ship to their competitor!!!!

Basically, I’m screwed! There is no other option as I don’t have any friend in US but to DISCARD the $100+ item I have purchased!

wa $100+ really f manz
What abt forwarding to Borderlinx?

Borderlinx i dont know if they forward to other co. too. Only know can forward to home address.

runforyourlife

Reaction score
Borderlinx no repack! always double e price on other freight forwarders. Only worth it if u gt disc code.

sAxman_Returns

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
GAHPc.png

overall cheaper than other option? I want to use Mastercard to pay, just onenow is accept Visa ONLY right? I'm left with 3 days.....the fees calculation only comes in after the parcel arrives right?

runforyourlife

Reaction score
yes. if u ship before and volumetric weight exceeds shipping weight by say one time, like 3.5 vs 7 kg, den no point using borderlinx unless u have like 50% discount lol

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
AGREE. CGW really suck. My friend his parcel 4 days also haven't ship out. my parcel also must live chat to complain then they match to my account. seriously getting bad to worse. CGW was ok last time.

In terms of speed cgw is cui, but costing they r gd !!

In my 10 shipments via CGW in the past 6 months, all have been matched within 2 working days (mostly 1), and shipped out within 2 working days (mostly 1). no difference from my experience with BDL.

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
wow. Then you must be really fortunate. My 2 years with CGW (Yes and coming 3 Years!) using their service is disappointing. to be frank I still ship some of my parcel using cgw because they are value for money (DHL) and they deliver 24/7 even on Sunday.

They used to be pretty efficient. they'll match parcel to your account that arrived in Portland by 5am Singapore time and the next day it will be shipped.

Today all those great service are history IMO.. in fact i don't mind using singpost at times and my gateway prime expired for the first time this year.

ya lor.. their business must be really profitable and ever increasing judging by the delay. but who cares.. since they don't value me i won't value them too. there are other forwarding companies wanting to grow big too and I'll support them.

I was only referring to my shipments with CGW from the past 6 months, for an accurate depiction of their today's service standard as experienced by myself. My first shipment with CGW was more than 3 years ago, first shipment with BDL 1 month earlier than my first shipment with CGW. For the consistency of service that I have had, I don't think I'm just "lucky", perhaps it's those here with negative experience that are unlucky?

jazdrive

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
overall cheaper than other option? I want to use Mastercard to pay, just onenow is accept Visa ONLY right? I'm left with 3 days.....the fees calculation only comes in after the parcel arrives right?

Not too sure, I have not used Borderlinx for a long long time already. I just SIC for people who still use them.

jazdrive

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wow. Then you must be really fortunate. My 2 years with CGW (Yes and coming 3 Years!) using their service is disappointing. to be frank I still ship some of my parcel using cgw because they are value for money (DHL) and they deliver 24/7 even on Sunday.

They used to be pretty efficient. they'll match parcel to your account that arrived in Portland by 5am Singapore time and the next day it will be shipped.

Today all those great service are history IMO.. in fact i don't mind using singpost at times and my gateway prime expired for the first time this year.

ya lor.. their business must be really profitable and ever increasing judging by the delay. but who cares.. since they don't value me i won't value them too. there are other forwarding companies wanting to grow big too and I'll support them.

Agreed. Nowadays the AWB will only be sent to me after at least 4 working days. This nonsense has been on-going for the last 3 months already.

Sometimes I try to use vPost instead but I need to hit $40 before their discount code can be applied as I am no longer a first time user and that sucks.

In short, both also CMI.

garpew

Honorary Member
Reaction score
i wan buy iphone from us, use vpost got gst, borderlinx got gst anot???

not sure which tax is involved, but if you are referring to singapore's GST, no matter what courier you use is the same, because parcel exceeding SGD$400 inclusive of shipping cost will get the 7% GST tax

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Let's phrase it this way . If borderlinx have repwck I sure get from them lol.

The repacking service is not a miracle service. Since there is a charge for repacking, you will only benefit if the repacking can reduce volumetric weight by 2kg or so (and more). This is quite an unlikely scenario, in my dozens of shipments, I have only been able to repack once.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.