Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

tingyuan

Master Member
Reaction score
any borderlinx == globeshopper promotion code? borderlinx changed standard shipping from 4-5 days to 7-10 days.

micey84

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any borderlinx == globeshopper promotion code? borderlinx changed standard shipping from 4-5 days to 7-10 days.

No difference one, I just shipped standard after the change and still got it within 3-4 days.

tingyuan

Master Member
Reaction score
borderlinx shipping charge USD 69.94 + Fuel surcharge USD 9.09 for 10.86 kg, standard delivery 3 days to received

shsoh

Reaction score
Misleading Information about Claims

You cannot make any claim unless your merchandise are paid by a Citibank credit card. Where was this disclaimer found? I strongly do not recommend using Borderlinx at all.

jazdrive

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You cannot make any claim unless your merchandise are paid by a Citibank credit card. Where was this disclaimer found? I strongly do not recommend using Borderlinx at all.

Under the FAQ on insurance.

https://www.borderlinx.com/pages/faq/make-a-claim

HOW DO I MAKE A CLAIM?

You will have to download the AXA Postal Claim Form from the Borderlinx website. Fill in the form and fax it to AXA Insurance Singapore Pte Ltd at (65) 6880 4739. AXA Insurance Singapore Pte Ltd will contact you for further verification.

Insurance claim is only admissible if the merchandises are paid using a Citibank Credit Card.

I/We agree to surrender the damage merchandise to AXA Insurance Singapore Pte Ltd on request.

Last edited:

alxlxla

Reaction score
For me now, I have been using vpost to ship my conquers from USA. I agree with most people that vpost service is quite bad, and almost everytime I have to wait long long for my packages, and they do not have tracking from USA to Singapore, which is the most important to me since I don't purchase insurance. I think no choice I still use them because their shipping price is the cheapest.

For Borderlinx, package will definitely reached faster than vpost but it is quite expensive overall. Especially to ship ad hoc small items. I also had one experience where my shipping cost more than my item because of the way borderlinx calculate my volumetric weight. But overall, less surprises using compared to vpost but bdl is very expensive I feel...

For comgateway, I have yet to try....not sure worthy to try after hearing some stories of bros which were posted here... Just my contribution since the thread is comparison of the 3.

tkdboi

Master Member
Reaction score
i can only share my experience with vpost, as i used it for the first time a couple of weeks ago.

it was quite fast and pleasant at the beginning. Items shipped from Amazon to my vPost USA address was on time, and updated in the VPost site.

Paid for them to be shipped out, and that was when everything went downhill :(

payment was made on 17 Mar, and confirmed, and it shows packages in transit.

No updates whatsoever in the Vpost Tracking, until 24 Mar, when it shows my items arrived in SG and departed from the Airport processing center.

again, no updates, and speedpost tracking also showed no info, so on Mon, 26 Mar, i called the hotline to get an idea of the status.

was advised to wait, as they couldnt contact the delivery folks, but that since it was just the 6th Business day, to wait as it should be delivered within the next two days.

Waited till Wed afternoon, again no updates on the Vpost Tracking (local) and Speedpost, no delivery advice found at home.

Called the hotline, and this time again, they couldnt contact the delivery folks. Was advised the packages at still at the Vpost warehouse (no reason given as to why, the person on the hotline was as surprised as i was).

Called again on Thursday afternoon, and this time they managed to contact the delivery team, who said they will deliver on Friday (2-5pm). also, asked me to call back on Friday afternoon, as they will investigate the delay.

I tried to divert the packages to my office, as i could not afford to wait around at home on Friday, but to no avail.

On Friday, found a delivery advice saying they came at 5pm, but no one around. only at night was the tracking status updated, to add 1 line, unsuccessful

Asked me to go to the post office nearby to collect on the next working day (defined as Mon-Fri, excluding Sat), which is Monday 2 Apr.

Was resigned to doing that, but on Sat morning today, i saw the tracking status changed to "with delivery courier".

Called the hotline again to verify what that meant, and was informed they will re-deliver again today, and advised me to stay home till about 1-2pm.

I waited till 2pm, and didnt see anything.

luckily, i happened to check the tracking site again, and saw another update "item dispatched from Speedpost processing center to post office (near my place)"

decided to try my luck and went down to the post office, and thankfully managed to get my items.

imagine how screwed it would be if i had waited till Monday (have to make arrangements from work just to collect) or try to redirect again.

overall, the only plus from the whole experience is the customer hotline was quite good and prompt. only thing they let me down is the inflexibility in some requests, as well as not getting back to me with the 'investigation' they are doing on why my items were sitting around in their warehouse for so long.

catwhisperer

Reaction score
Does anyone know what promo is there for free upgrade to express shipping with CGW? the DBS card promo doesn't work anymore (sorry i'm wols!)

boopit

Reaction score
hello!
my friend was telling me that we will get charge GST if we consolidate 2 parcels and the sum is more than SGD 400 ?
How do we go about avoiding this and still want to consolidate?
Using CGW thanks!

LegendZenify

Reaction score
hello!
my friend was telling me that we will get charge GST if we consolidate 2 parcels and the sum is more than SGD 400 ?
Using CGW thanks!

Simple, if you want to use CGW and consolidate and still avoid GST, keep the sum under $400.

Otherwise, (if the individual parcels + shipping are <$400) you may want to try Vpost.
You can consolidate multiple parcels using Vpost and GST will will be computed for each package individually (rather than as the whole consolidated shipment).
Which means that using Vpost, you can ship in 20 $200 value packages, and not get charged for gst.

blade007

Master Member
Reaction score
hello!
Using CGW thanks!

Simple, if you want to use CGW and consolidate and still avoid GST, keep the sum under $400.

Otherwise, (if the individual parcels + shipping are <$400) you may want to try Vpost.
The only way to avoid GST is to keep the total Package under S$400 (shipping and cost of package inclusive). I have tried consolidating and calculated that cost of the GST is more than if I split them up. Thus I sent my multiple packages via 2 diff shipments.

Try Vpost at your own risk, it worked well for some, horrible for others. Somehow the local Speedpost service (which is also sending the packages if you use vpost) is really unreliable.

blade007

Master Member
Reaction score
For comgateway, I have yet to try....not sure worthy to try after hearing some stories of bros which were posted here... Just my contribution since the thread is comparison of the 3.
not sure which stories are these? can elborate?

I have been using CGW for previous shipments with no issue (till now), but feel that they are quite expensive also.

Anyway recent issue with CGW, I shipped a bicycle rack, and it came to me broken. The main shaft of the rack is damaged. Seriously no idea what they did to it but they broke a part which is made of metal and should be able to withstand damage.

Now waiting for the insurance claim. they have collected back the shipment.

LegendZenify

Reaction score
The only way to avoid GST is to keep the total Package under S$400 (shipping and cost of package inclusive). I have tried consolidating and calculated that cost of the GST is more than if I split them up. Thus I sent my multiple packages via 2 diff shipments.

Try Vpost at your own risk, it worked well for some, horrible for others. Somehow the local Speedpost service (which is also sending the packages if you use vpost) is really unreliable.

The sum refers to CIF (Cost, Insurance and Freight).

Consolidating via CGW or Borderlinx would result in GST charges based on the entire sum, but Vpost computes it based on individual packages within the consolidated shipment.
Which means as long as the CIF of individual packages are <$400 SGD, GST will not be charged even if you ship 20 such packages in a consolidated shipment.

I would think Vpost is decent, even though Vpost has its fair share of horrible experiences, people also had bad experiences with CGW and Borderlinx.
I would recommend CGW/Borderlinx over Vpost under normal circumstances, but the guy was asking if he could consolidate and avoid the 7% gst.

jazdrive

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hello!
Using CGW thanks!

No way out if you wanna use CGW under those conditions.

The only viable option for you is to use vPost.

boopit

Reaction score
LegendZenify,blade007 and jazdrive :
thanks for your reply.

any idea how should I go about doing it with Vpost ( I never used it before).
I agree singpost is crap, but at least they do things for me quickly when I get angry haha

jazdrive

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
LegendZenify,blade007 and jazdrive :
thanks for your reply.

any idea how should I go about doing it with Vpost ( I never used it before).
I agree singpost is crap, but at least they do things for me quickly when I get angry haha

Just send the packages to vPost and follow the steps which are more or less similar to CGW's. Nothing too different needs to be done.

vPost's method of calculation for GST is on individual package whereas CGW's and Borderlinx's are on consolidated packages, so vPost would not charge you GST for your case.

lamerena

Reaction score
directly ship from amazon cheaper or through comgateway and how much does it cost buying a timbuk2 bag only

LegendZenify

Reaction score
directly ship from amazon cheaper or through comgateway and how much does it cost buying a timbuk2 bag only

Depends...
I feel amazon direct shipping is a better option, but it's not available for all products...

If you are shipping a timbuk2 bag, I'd recommend shipping directly from amazon.
The charges you will incur at CGW will be a bomb (due to volumetric weight).
Trust me, the size of the boxes amazon uses for bags are enormous!!!

For amazon, they use both DHL and iparcel.
Iparcel sucks, DHL is much better.
I think bags would ship via DHL and not the crappier i-parcel.

lamerena

Reaction score
Depends...
I feel amazon direct shipping is a better option, but it's not available for all products...

If you are shipping a timbuk2 bag, I'd recommend shipping directly from amazon.
The charges you will incur at CGW will be a bomb (due to volumetric weight).
Trust me, the size of the boxes amazon uses for bags are enormous!!!

For amazon, they use both DHL and iparcel.
Iparcel sucks, DHL is much better.
I think bags would ship via DHL and not the crappier i-parcel.

Ok thx! Heard that direct from amazon wont use big boxes dunno whether it's true anot

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.