Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

jacktanyq

Reaction score
Food for thought

Vpost is not really recommended for buying stuff but they got their pro and con

Pro: cheapest shipping rates,
Con: need to buy insurance as they do not cover any lost or damage during transport
Using ems services which is the lowest shipping provider
High shipment lost rate ( I did lost a package and they are not willing to make a claim of the item value and only willing to provide $60 for that...

Hopeshopgo will be prefer if you know what you are doing and item that do not nedd to be repack or concierge are not needed. as they have the 2nd lowest shipment cost from this 3. Dhl shipment and very responsive to question. ( currently shipping a package for me)

Pro: no state tax
Con: need to pay for repack and concierge services

Borderlinx will be my favorite for purchasing of item that you do not know how the item will be pack, large package that need to be repack to save cost of shipping or you do not know how to bypass they buying loophole and need concierge services.

Pro : free repack and free concierge services
Con : highest shipping rate compared to the other 2, located at dayton which mean you may have sale tax. But it will reach Connecticut faster which is the main dbl airpot .

That what I feel about this 3 services.

sAxman_Returns

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Food for thought

Vpost is not really recommended for buying stuff but they got their pro and con

Pro: cheapest shipping rates,
Con: need to buy insurance as they do not cover any lost or damage during transport
Using ems services which is the lowest shipping provider
High shipment lost rate ( I did lost a package and they are not willing to make a claim of the item value and only willing to provide $60 for that...

Hopeshopgo will be prefer if you know what you are doing and item that do not nedd to be repack or concierge are not needed. as they have the 2nd lowest shipment cost from this 3. Dhl shipment and very responsive to question. ( currently shipping a package for me)

Pro: no state tax
Con: need to pay for repack and concierge services

Borderlinx will be my favorite for purchasing of item that you do not know how the item will be pack, large package that need to be repack to save cost of shipping or you do not know how to bypass they buying loophole and need concierge services.

Pro : free repack and free concierge services
Con : highest shipping rate compared to the other 2, located at dayton which mean you may have sale tax. But it will reach Connecticut faster which is the main dbl airpot .

That what I feel about this 3 services.

Sales tax? Never kena any....
But their call centre seems to be at India..... And the turn over rate is super high......

addicted-addiction

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have updated the CGW Calculator Spreadsheet already.
Also,for those who didn't notice, I have included Prime Membership calculator already. That basically calculates the shipping price at the Prime Member's price.

I have also updated the the DBS USD-SGD conversion rate(the rate where your purchases are charged at). I am hoping to gather more conversion rates from other local banks such as UOB and OCBC. So if you guys are willing to provide the rates, please PM me! :)

As for the fuel surcharge levy, I will NOT update it yet until nearing to the last day of February. But thanks CGW for updating us with the new fuel levy ;)

So if there is any problems with the spreadsheet please let me know! :D

docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Amy3G6Ew6bpMdFE0dWEwanJBcldYLXVDVkF3NU9PUWc#gid=0

feist_

Reaction score
DID BORDERLINX JUST CHARGE ME 1.57KG FOR MY SOCKS 3-pack FROM RALPH LAUREN? This is ridonkulous. :s27::mad:

1 set leh. KIDS SOCKS LEH :s11:

promo code doesnt even work now!

addicted-addiction

Reaction score
I use your calculator for 0.35KG cost more than borderlinx which they charge me USD14.30. Did i calculate wrongly? :o

Hmmmm... I cant seem to use borderlinx calculator on my iphone.. I will try it out again when i can use my com later. I dun remember paying over USD14 for 0.5kg with comgateway.. Were you using the express spreadsheet or the normal shipping spreadsheet?

update:

You could have been using the express spreadsheet. the normal spreadsheet would give you a charge of not more than 13USD unless your product cost above 120USD..

Last edited:

Desmond_

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm... I cant seem to use borderlinx calculator on my iphone.. I will try it out again when i can use my com later. I dun remember paying over USD14 for 0.5kg with comgateway.. Were you using the express spreadsheet or the normal shipping spreadsheet?

update:

You could have been using the express spreadsheet. the normal spreadsheet would give you a charge of not more than 13USD unless your product cost above 120USD..

Yes. The product cost USD$299 :s12:

sAxman_Returns

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
DID BORDERLINX JUST CHARGE ME 1.57KG FOR MY SOCKS 3-pack FROM RALPH LAUREN? This is ridonkulous. :s27::mad:

promo code expired already what...

any upcoming promotion? Citibank damn funny one. They force everybody to use Citibank card only. If that's the case, it shall allow all transaction to directly enjoy the special discounts what...

innumerabilis

Reaction score
For comgateway, DBSEXP1301 with DBS/POSB cards to get free upgrade to express.

Though it seems that free upgrade is automatically applied to DBS/POSB cards already so this may be redundant. Doesn't hurt applying it though.

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Just shipped my Amazon order. CGW offered repack option, from 5kg chareable to 1.5kg. Saved almost $30.

Laneige

Honorary Member
Reaction score

i think they r basically charging u for 2kg because u is 0.07+ more liao than the 0.5kg jump
kids socks, in a box?

leon123456

Reaction score
anyone bought computer items like motherboard, processor from amazon usa ? can it be ship to singapore by vpost. saw on some comments on forum items with bettery is not allowed. worried about the cmos battery on the motherboard cant clear customs

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.