Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

rAcEr

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello comgateway, please reply

Should BAN comgateway immediately.
I got 1 parcel at comgateway, repack not available. Actual weight is 0.5kg, volumetric weight is 1.75kg, chargeable weight is 2KG. I okay with 1.75kg and this is ridiculously charge 2KG

Why 2kg not 1.8kg?

bro...the terms and conditions and shipping charges are all transparent. what are u complaining about as a consumer? u r free to choose whatever freight forwarder you have...but openly complaining in a forum when you are clearly in the wrong is just waiting to be flamed. considering you hangout frequently in the LV and Gucci threads and here you are complaining about US$1.20

I'm also not affiliated to any of the shipping and logistics companies.

Last edited:

rAcEr

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not all items can ship to singapore. Amazon is bull****

once again...have u done your proper research on the items that can be shipped to SG? There are many if u read other posts by forumers. Just becos the item that you want is unable to be shipped to SG doesnt mean u should generalize.

feist_

Reaction score
any bros here have experience with wrong color items that were shipped? I ordered shoes from zappos.com via comgateway's buyforme service...its not comgateway's fault that the wrong color was shipped by zappos.com to my freight forwarding address.

what is the usual outcome of such a scenario?

faster send back hahaha.. they're happy to change for you...
but my experience was with Ralph Lauren and ModCloth.

think zappos got 365 day return policy

rAcEr

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
faster send back hahaha.. they're happy to change for you...
but my experience was with Ralph Lauren and ModCloth.

think zappos got 365 day return policy

i plan to send back...comgateway or zappos better cover my return shipping charges since it was their mistake.

feist_

Reaction score
i plan to send back...comgateway or zappos better cover my return shipping charges since it was their mistake.

they won't. it's in their returns policy. lol. i checked.
in the end i returned by cheap surface mail! like $10 for a dress/ shirt. no problems...

but there's a risk of loss la.

tingyuan

Master Member
Reaction score
bro...the terms and conditions and shipping charges are all transparent. what are u complaining about as a consumer? u r free to choose whatever freight forwarder you have...but openly complaining in a forum when you are clearly in the wrong is just waiting to be flamed. considering you hangout frequently in the LV and Gucci threads and here you are complaining about US$1.20

LOL. okay la okay la i should not complain about comgateway. I not borderlinx or vpost employee. I still give comgateway a chance although i have borderlinx and vpost account. i should say sorry to u LOUD.

u are comgateway employee right?

tingyuan

Master Member
Reaction score
you have the choice where to use their services or not. Moreover, its just US$1.20 more. Just pay and get over it. :s27:

my bad, i angry previously i get it over. so it is just US$1.20 den it should be fine. anyway i delete post. hahahaha...

once again...have u done your proper research on the items that can be shipped to SG? There are many if u read other posts by forumers. Just becos the item that you want is unable to be shipped to SG doesnt mean u should generalize.

oh oh sir.

tingyuan

Master Member
Reaction score
can i ask if u all, i have 2 parcel at comgateway, how u automatic become Prime Rewards Status Qualified? Is it 3 parcels to qualified. I have 2 more parcels on the way to comgateway. my status said "Make 2 more shipments to qualify"

never mind. i have got answer from comgateway chat

Last edited:

rAcEr

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
they won't. it's in their returns policy. lol. i checked.
in the end i returned by cheap surface mail! like $10 for a dress/ shirt. no problems...

but there's a risk of loss la.

Surprise...comgateway is going to pickup the item from my house and arrange for a full refund of all shipping and order charges. Thumbs up!

touchme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
long time no use cgw.
what is the % cost of fuel and insurance surcharges on top of basic shipping rates? (not reflected in calculator). thks.

~大.芒.果~

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
long time no use cgw.
what is the % cost of fuel and insurance surcharges on top of basic shipping rates? (not reflected in calculator). thks.
9% for fuel surcharge in june and 0.65% for insurance.

i realised hsg and cgw have different shipping prices even though its the same company...
cgw is slightly cheaper (3.3 vs 3.4/0.5kg for express shipping or 2.7 vs 2.85/0.5kg for standard)...kinda negates the 10% off for hsg.

also, my experience with live quote completely depends on your luck.

they quoted 1kg for some pc parts i ordered from amazon, turned out to be 3.5kg. didn't buy the guarantee cause i thought the keyboard wouldn't be packed into a large box, turns out i was wrong. after repacking, its now 1.5kg. had to pay 0.5kg more and the US$7 repacking fee :(. the item became very expensive all of a sudden :(

they quoted 4kg for some shoes i ordered from amazon too, which i expected to turn up in a super huge and oversized box. turns out the shoes were only 2.5kg...and guess what, i bought shipping guarantee for that :s22:

talk about suay.

Last edited:

touchme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
~大.芒.果~;77028311 said:
9% for fuel surcharge in june and 0.65% for insurance.

i realised hsg and cgw have different shipping prices even though its the same company...
cgw is slightly cheaper (3.3 vs 3.4/0.5kg for express shipping or 2.7 vs 2.85/0.5kg for standard)...kinda negates the 10% off for hsg.

also, my experience with live quote completely depends on your luck.

they quoted 1kg for some pc parts i ordered from amazon, turned out to be 3.5kg. didn't buy the guarantee cause i thought the keyboard wouldn't be packed into a large box, turns out i was wrong. after repacking, its now 1.5kg. had to pay 0.5kg more and the US$7 repacking fee :(. the item became very expensive all of a sudden :(

they quoted 4kg for some shoes i ordered from amazon too, which i expected to turn up in a super huge and oversized box. turns out the shoes were only 2.5kg...and guess what, i bought shipping guarantee for that :s22:

talk about suay.

THks, lol to your luck..
Sts i wonder if the fwders purposely sarbo us.
By taking those repacked unwanted amz boxes, and packed our small items inside to blow up shipping revenues?..buy amz/woot until scared bytheir pkg sizes.

But now with amz FS to sg, can hoot safely, though with limited items.

feist_

Reaction score
Hmm.. Depends on your preference lor. If you got citibank, go for borderlinx. No citibank card, use cgw. Vpost? Dont even bother.

If you don't think there'll be anything wrong with your order, use borderlinx.. if you think you may need help.. maybe cgw..

repack with borderlinx: they repacked my glass item without any protection and it broke, then they told me they can only claim up to $12 (or smth similar)... because citi insurance only covers payment via citi cards... and because i used their concierge (who dont use citi cards), my item is not covered by insurance. (so i pay the concierge with citi card is not counted)

i escalated the matter to citi, and got the matter solved over a few weeks... but not without a snarky reply from them. i have of proof ALL the communications. if you need it, pls ask me.

used borderlinx ever since 2010. but i will never use borderlinx again. unless my purchase is also paid for (i.e., no monetary investments on my end).

vpost... well.. i like being able to ask DHL/FedEx to deliver to my house at exactly what time.. vpost apparently must go office and collect. so havent try

cgw is more of.. nothing has gone wrong for me yet.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.