lamesensei
Senior Member
- Joined
- Aug 17, 2007
- Messages
- 1,375
- Reaction score
- 4
Hi all,
Need your help to make decision!
After being recently irritated by a friend who hooted a X99/6800k/GTX 1070 setup; he keep calling mine a peasant ITX box
- I one-up him by getting my 1080
(after all, most FPS come from the GPU)
For the most part, our systems were performing relatively similar in games (overwatch/gta5/ I NEED MORE GAMES TO STRESS THE BEAST
). But when I ran 3dmark Firestrike I was stunned
. My score was a measly 13k compared to his 22k score. I'm well aware of bottlenecks but that was quite a surprising result.
So right now, im itching here to sumhow salvage my rig. I've narrowed the possibilities to:
I'm a sucker for bang for buck, as a result option 1 is very appealing - only $340 on amazon. However due to my initial purchase of an i3 + gtx 670 and subsequently upgrading to the current i5 (to gain moar fps for CSGO at the time) - I'm pretty sure i've missed the bang for buck train already. Also the uefi bios of B85 doesnt seem to work with my 1080
Second option is the most reasonable option but is equal to buying a new rig liao - the only question is whether to wait for kaby
third option - is to match my friend rig, but i feel x99 is too OP for and ITX setup; there will be many pcie lanes wasted..
So what do you guys think?
Need your help to make decision!
After being recently irritated by a friend who hooted a X99/6800k/GTX 1070 setup; he keep calling mine a peasant ITX box
(after all, most FPS come from the GPU)For the most part, our systems were performing relatively similar in games (overwatch/gta5/ I NEED MORE GAMES TO STRESS THE BEAST
). But when I ran 3dmark Firestrike I was stunned So right now, im itching here to sumhow salvage my rig. I've narrowed the possibilities to:
- buy a XEON e3v3 1231
- buy a skylake/kabylake i7 mobo + ddr 4
- hoot a x99 6800k setup
I'm a sucker for bang for buck, as a result option 1 is very appealing - only $340 on amazon. However due to my initial purchase of an i3 + gtx 670 and subsequently upgrading to the current i5 (to gain moar fps for CSGO at the time) - I'm pretty sure i've missed the bang for buck train already. Also the uefi bios of B85 doesnt seem to work with my 1080
Second option is the most reasonable option but is equal to buying a new rig liao - the only question is whether to wait for kaby
third option - is to match my friend rig, but i feel x99 is too OP for and ITX setup; there will be many pcie lanes wasted..
So what do you guys think?


