Want to verify fault

Ah Ken

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2013
Messages
519
Reaction score
30
Hello, I just signed up not long so I new here. I want to seek for some answers about my onboard graphics. I recently remove my external gpu as I send it for repair. Hence I now using my onboard graphics of this motherboard, GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3. However, I do start to notice that there are grey shading lines in the background moving downwards in fast speed. It is very visible with white background. What are those grey shading or almost fading lines? I did not notice these lines when I was using the external gpu. I am using a 18" Dell E177FP monitor. I had tried using a CRT as I do not have a extra screen to test but the CRT does not show very clear to me.

This lines appear when I turn on the PC for about 5-10 minutes before it stops. After that 5-10 minutes, I will only notice those lines if I look my screen from below. They moving down in a fast speed. I only left with another available source which is my laptop and I join it to the monitor. It did not have those lines at all even looking from below. Sometimes, the lines appear when I switch windows but only like for a second or two. I only start to focus on those lines as I did not experience when I was using my external gpu. My screen only have a VGA connection. Is it actually warming up? Is it natural for onboard graphic as they are lower performance? Or is it my screen? Or anything else which I missed? I am not very good with technical knowledge for PC so I hope I can get answers here. I have updated my graphic driver. It is an Intel(R) HD Graphics 2000.

Thank you for spending your time reading my post.
 
Last edited:

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2009
Messages
27,727
Reaction score
1,553
Hello, I just signed up not long so I new here. I want to seek for some answers about my onboard graphics. I recently remove my external gpu as I send it for repair. Hence I now using my onboard graphics of this motherboard, GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3. However, I do start to notice that there are grey shading lines in the background moving downwards in fast speed. It is very visible with white background. What are those grey shading or almost fading lines? I did not notice these lines when I was using the external gpu. I am using a 18" Dell E177FP monitor. I had tried using a CRT as I do not have a extra screen to test but the CRT does not show very clear to me.

This lines appear when I turn on the PC for about 5-10 minutes before it stops. After that 5-10 minutes, I will only notice those lines if I look my screen from below. They moving down in a fast speed. I only left with another available source which is my laptop and I join it to the monitor. It did not have those lines at all even looking from below. Sometimes, the lines appear when I switch windows but only like for a second or two. I only start to focus on those lines as I did not experience when I was using my external gpu. My screen only have a VGA connection. Is it actually warming up? Is it natural for onboard graphic as they are lower performance? Or is it my screen? Or anything else which I missed? I am not very good with technical knowledge for PC so I hope I can get answers here. I have updated my graphic driver. It is an Intel(R) HD Graphics 2000.

Thank you for spending your time reading my post.

If your laptop do not show any symptoms it could be your CPU that has an issue. Not the mobo.
 

Ah Ken

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2013
Messages
519
Reaction score
30
Hi royfrosty, why the cpu? Confuse here. Is it related to those lines?
 

addthewin

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2008
Messages
1,661
Reaction score
0
weird lines, patterns running all around the screen here n there.. usually came out after a while using the PC should be signs of display garbage. which usually occurs on a faulty GPU which is a physical damage. which on your case iGPU.(CPU)
you may wan to try using a program call furmark to verify this problem.
furmark stress your gpu and it will start to produce heat on your gpu.
when it's heated to the right temperature, the problems start to show.
TADA u have a big problem..
 

Ah Ken

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2013
Messages
519
Reaction score
30
Sorry. I do not have good knowledge of PC and I am trying my best to learn and understand. Ask I replying now, I still see those shading/ fading lines moving in the background. What are these lines known as? I wish I got take a video or photo but its hard to capture with my camera. And I proceed with Furmark? How do I use the software?

So is the CPU that is failing?
 

Ah Ken

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2013
Messages
519
Reaction score
30
I suspect could be refresh rates

I did thought it could be screen flickering but many videos I had seen shows me those flickering effects are much worst. Mine are like shadow lines, very very light tone, moving down. I also thought it got be the frame rate changing or refresh rate, i am not sure about this. I have tried connecting my laptop to the mointor and those shadow lines are gone so I thought it will be the onboard causing the problem.
 

Ah Ken

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2013
Messages
519
Reaction score
30
I just tested again by plugging my laptop to the monitor. It does not shows those shading lines at all, working very fine while I plugged back to the onboard, immediately those lines came back. So I think the screen is not at fault.
 

Ah Ken

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2013
Messages
519
Reaction score
30
Most likely like ive have mentioned. Somewhere in the CPU integrated graphics is already degrading or faulty.

Hi Royfrosty. Ok, I still have warranty covered. Can this be repair if I send back? I do not wish to change or upgrade as I have not enough money as I am only a student. This system was built when I saved up so I wish to carry on using.
 

Ah Ken

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2013
Messages
519
Reaction score
30
Hi, can I have some opinions of whether I should send it for a check? Should it be send to Gigabyte or to Intel?
 

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2009
Messages
27,727
Reaction score
1,553
Hi, can I have some opinions of whether I should send it for a check? Should it be send to Gigabyte or to Intel?

Send to intel. Call their service hotline. They will send a dispatch delivery man to your place and pick it up from you. Please ask the cso what to do. They might have a specific instructions that you need to do before handing over to the courier man.

Once sent wait for their reply.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top