Watery arctic silver 5

accucore12

Master Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2010
Messages
3,450
Reaction score
1,213
I just bought a new arctic silver 5 paste but when I use it some watery transparent liquid come out first. Is the thermal compound okay to use or shd I refund it?


Gib some advice pls.
 

Op_Valkyrie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2009
Messages
13,167
Reaction score
1,309
Watery will affect the thermal conductivity and temperature ma?

U squeeze out what u need then stir stir mix mix can liao... it's the silicone grease to prevent the paste to solidify while in storage...
 

kandinsky

Master Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2015
Messages
4,693
Reaction score
10
I just bought a new arctic silver 5 paste but when I use it some watery transparent liquid come out first. Is the thermal compound okay to use or shd I refund it?


Gib some advice pls.

AS website states that some separation is not unexpected, and that you can store it tip down so that it's at the back of the syringe.

To keep your new thermal compound fresh for future applications, always replace the cap on the syringe after each use. The syringe should be stored tip down so that any separation between the particles and suspension fluid will be at the back end of the syringe.

Like any mix of particles that are many times heavier than the suspension fluid, there may be some separation in the compound over time when stored in the original syringe.

Storing in a cool place like a refrigerator will minimize the possibility of separation over time. This does not affect the performance of the un-separated or remixed compound.

http://www.arcticsilver.com/pdf/appmeth/int/vl/intel_app_method_vertical_line_v1.1.pdf
 

ykgoh

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,782
Reaction score
0
If the color of the paste is still grayish silver, means the color is healthy. I mean normal. ;)
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top