Wechat wallet

Piano

Reaction score
When making payments, did you top up your wechat account prior to purchase or the amount was deducted from your credit cards?

My experience was that i am not able to use the credit cards stored in my wechat account to pay, but i can get 3rd party to transfer RMB to my wechat account for me to make purchase.

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT

Hey there, quick question, just wondering where do you go for legit and trustworthy 3rd party with decent rates? Thanks!

david_yyy

Reaction score
Hey there, quick question, just wondering where do you go for legit and trustworthy 3rd party with decent rates? Thanks!
I Google it. Then tried a smaller sum before top up with bigger sum.

david_yyy

Reaction score
Just realised that if you managed to create your wechat wallet, you will be able to connect to dazhong etc. When you go into the wallet

Sorry, what is dazhong?

seowbin

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
maybe i should consider being a money changer via wechat :s13:

Mergui219067

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why not Visa or MasterCard linked to WeChat Pay ?

Many many more in many countries would benefit.

madcampus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Singapore’s Nets in talks with WeChat to enable mobile payments in China
https://sc.mp/2yHM59b

Still don't understand why are they taking so long and difficult for foreigners/tourists to use wechat/Alipay in China?? The technology and infrastructure is there already. Maybe it's a issue of who should get the bigger pie?

beanstalk6

Reaction score
Still don't understand why are they taking so long and difficult for foreigners/tourists to use wechat/Alipay in China?? The technology and infrastructure is there already. Maybe it's a issue of who should get the bigger pie?

Probably because there has not been any big incentive to offer cashless payment to foreign tourists when domestic tourists contribute the lion's share of transaction volume in China. There is also the thing about central control of the banking sector. State banks have to be in control of the money supply.

guwester

Reaction score
Can i check if we can top up the WeChat wallet at convenience stores like 7-eleven / lawsons?

kcatissue

Reaction score
Anyone know a trustworthy site to top up my wechat wallet? Or anyone here is kind enough to help?

madcampus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just saw the AXS app have a option of topping/buying Alipay purchase card. Anyone tried then use in China?

zorrus

Reaction score
hello! did u managed to clarify your situation yet?
i am currently in SH now and i realised i am edging towards the 1K limit and i have personally tested that i cannot make payment or transfer any amount once the value exceeds 1k.

now i got some balance amount in my Wallet and i am kinda stuck on what is my next steps (since i wont be able to open a china bank account too)

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Hi all!

anyone managed to upgrade their payment limit to advise me on my options? thanks!

seowbin

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

It's because they want to account for your source of money .

I have a bank account there, got notification recently that I have to declare my source of income before 31st dec or risk the account having problems in the future

The next trip went I go China, I need to fill in that form and submit to branch of the bank which I open account with. Need to declare that I'm paying tax in sg also . Not simple

Their alipay /wechat is simple too use but a lot of money laundering also based on that. Online betting, etc.

ngml

Reaction score
I feel that its not worthwhile to use 3rd apps to buy wechat credit. The exchange rate sucks! This is what you can do instead: Open a dual currency account with ICBC (Singapore). They will give you a RMB account and SGD account. You can do your money exchange anywhere else and enjoy good exchange rate like 5.03% now. Deposit the RMB into ICBC directly. They accept RMB cash. When you fly to china, you can withdraw RMB there and deposit to your china bank directly. Or, you can withdraw money there and ask the hotel staff to pay you credit and you pay them the cash.

juxtaposition

Reaction score
Haha back to cash is king for tourists. Just rem to bring more cash.

It's because they want to account for your source of money .

I have a bank account there, got notification recently that I have to declare my source of income before 31st dec or risk the account having problems in the future

The next trip went I go China, I need to fill in that form and submit to branch of the bank which I open account with. Need to declare that I'm paying tax in sg also . Not simple

Their alipay /wechat is simple too use but a lot of money laundering also based on that. Online betting, etc.

Mergui219067

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
True.
Just keep some small change + more bigger notes.
還是一路通 .

This type of PRC payment is valid for China travel mostly .
Once we don’t go China, it is almost worthless.

The world out there is with Visa & MasterCard.

Haha back to cash is king for tourists. Just rem to bring more cash.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.