Wechat wallet

ngml

Reaction score
But are you able to make any payment through your SG credit card?

Sent from LGE LG-H961N using GAGT

I can't top up with the credit card. I asked friends to transfer rmb to my wechat account and i can do transactions with it.

touchme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just back with China friend topup, seems like limited to 40,000RMB spend, thereafter need some fees to continue, how true?

Kelvin0217

Reaction score
In Nanjing now, and most shops here prefer weichat or alipay as they don't have to worry about the small change. But some tourist attractions still accept cash instead of wireless payment.

touchme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In Nanjing now, and most shops here prefer weichat or alipay as they don't have to worry about the small change. But some tourist attractions still accept cash instead of wireless payment.
funny why most accdm listed internationally refuses mobile payment, rather cash/ccard.

cujay69

Reaction score
Int'l CC Can't Used in Wechat & Alipay

Dear guys ...

I see the thread mails about the use of Wechat Wallet & Alipay.

It is confirmed by Wechat Customer Service that Non Chinese CC or DC that are not registered in China are not acceptable.

Alipay Singapore can only be used for Lazada Online.

For those who want to use Wechat Wallet or Alipay, go through 3rd party top up or get a bank account in China with a China mobile phone #.

Thank you ...

juxtaposition

Reaction score
Yes u r right. I tried to go bank change $ and now got new law. For all tourists, need to show your country income tax and company info + residential info then you can try to exchange SGD into RMB.

I ended up withdraw from ATM using cc, lucky it works.

seowbin

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so jia lat...

lucky i got my prc bank account around 2 years back but i need to go and update my passport number. not sure will kanna this or not :s13:

madcampus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Went to Bank of China at Raffles Place asked can set up account for WeChat and Alipay use in China. They said cannot. PUI!!!! :s22::s22::s22:

touchme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so jia lat...

lucky i got my prc bank account around 2 years back but i need to go and update my passport number. not sure will kanna this or not
:s13:
last month, went boc shijiazuang branch unfreeze dormant account and update passport#, only new verify old and new passport..no need income/company info.

madcampus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
On top of not able to use wechat and alipay, Visa and MasterCard is not widely accepted. You pass them a visa or MasterCard they will be shocked. On the other hand, unionpay is widely accepted.

seowbin

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
last month, went boc shijiazuang branch unfreeze dormant account and update passport#, only new verify old and new passport..no need income/company info.
that's great to know

i need to update my passport number also.

seowbin

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
On top of not able to use wechat and alipay, Visa and MasterCard is not widely accepted. You pass them a visa or MasterCard they will be shocked. On the other hand, unionpay is widely accepted.
in SZ and GZ, you need to ask them whether they accept 外卡 before you dine if you intend to use your visa/mastercard

however, i read that beginning of last year, there are more merchants...

Ghost^recon

Reaction score
sorry to bump up this thread...

my friend send me an ang pao... but i cannot receive... need to input china bank acc and ID number and mobile number...

i have 2 china bank accounts opened last time... using my old passport number... and also the china hp number which by now already cancelled...

any idea how to link so i can accept the ang pao?

i tried local DBS but dont have the option to choose....

Taxiboy

Reaction score
Need help. Going to Guangzhou soon and wanna use wechat pay. Can I asked my friends to transfer money to me and will I be able to make payment ?
I've tried to link my OCBC visa and it's accepted but however I'm unable to transfer money in.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.