Weird Problem with PC

Frozzy_

Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2012
Messages
136
Reaction score
0
Hi bros,

Would like to seek help from you guys to have any idea what is this problem..

This is my situation..
I press the power button, Comp goes into POST.
As the comp is starting up, there's a weird beep sound that's longer than normal, monitor doesn't show anything. monitor goes into sleep mode.

Reset a few times, also the same. Off and on the power also the same, but instead this time of immediately on and off, I switch off the power and wait for a few mins before starting up again.. And suddenly back to normal.. I have this problem for quite long already..It comes randomly and I don't know what's the problem, because since it didn't bother me that much, So I proceed on using as per normal..

This is what I think it is..
I've been googling around, checking the mobo manual as well, suspecting might be my graphics cards problem.. but still unsure what causes it..

Any bros have any idea what is this problem?

Here's a link to that beep sound I'm talking about.
Vocaroo | Voice message

Thanks :)
 

Alphas

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2004
Messages
41,248
Reaction score
5,674
Take out graphics card use onboard for a few days. If it happens then go check ram or mobo got stability problem.
 

Death4ngel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2008
Messages
10,920
Reaction score
0
1 long 2 short beep is video problem.

Try taking out your graphic card, clean the contact area, and put it back in.

If that doesn't work, then try getting another computer's graphic card and see if it works; or put this graphic card into another computer.
 

Frozzy_

Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2012
Messages
136
Reaction score
0
Okay. Shall try out the suggested methods. Thanks for the inputs guys. Appreciated.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top