Weird temp readings from i7 2600k

Kusanagi

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 22, 2000
Messages
9,507
Reaction score
106
Hi all,

OCed as per below

rGA3RPO.png


This is the temp I'm getting

E9WSet6.png


When on full load, temp doesn't deviate much

DXVqhfX.png


I have re-seat HSF twice liao, but to no changes, I remember they used to be hovering around 28-30degrees (ambient at 28.2 currently)

Is it normal? Or should I not be bothered since the load temps are ok
 

XeonHacker

Master Member
Joined
May 30, 2003
Messages
4,699
Reaction score
113
Whats your BIOS settings ?

Did u set it to fix core voltage or variable ?

If its the former, the temperature would be definitely higher :)
 

Kusanagi

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 22, 2000
Messages
9,507
Reaction score
106
Whats your BIOS settings ?

Did u set it to fix core voltage or variable ?

If its the former, the temperature would be definitely higher :)

fixed, even if it's variable, i don't see how it can raise over 10degrees than expected

my ambient isn't the highest as well at 28-30
 

william910

Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2011
Messages
177
Reaction score
1
Hi all,

OCed as per below

rGA3RPO.png


This is the temp I'm getting

E9WSet6.png


When on full load, temp doesn't deviate much

DXVqhfX.png


I have re-seat HSF twice liao, but to no changes, I remember they used to be hovering around 28-30degrees (ambient at 28.2 currently)

Is it normal? Or should I not be bothered since the load temps are ok

LOl your temperature is higher then my i7 3970x.i am using artic freeze 120mm aio.your radiator blowing outside or blowing into your case?maybe your casing inside too hot .
 

Kusanagi

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 22, 2000
Messages
9,507
Reaction score
106
LOl your temperature is higher then my i7 3970x.i am using artic freeze 120mm aio.your radiator blowing outside or blowing into your case?maybe your casing inside too hot .

front intake, top 2 intake, rear exhaust

even using a stock fan would give me better temps i reckon

like i mentioned, i'm wondering if the readings are even accurate because on load, they are just slightly over 60degrees
 
Last edited:

Ark Law

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2013
Messages
11,578
Reaction score
540
Mai worry la, your comp load temp is my comp idle temp
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top