Welp, kb spoilt, need recommendation

wwenze

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2002
Messages
86,764
Reaction score
30,379
And of course my wireless kb spoils when i'm overseas without access to tools, spares, or lazada

https://www.lazada.sg/microsoft-wir...html?spm=a2o42.search.0.0.DKMhpx&ff=1&boost=2

So I thought, since my M$ kb 600 at home's key surfaces are all worn out, might as well get a new wired kb here as its replacement.

And just so that my purchase won't be a waste of money, what are good deals on amazon and newegg that aren't good after international shipping? Budget <USD$50
 

FlipGor

Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2017
Messages
285
Reaction score
0
If you are looking for a cheap mechanical keyboard, can either go taobao buy (but handle the shipping yrself) or u can go carousel hunt for bargains. I remember seeing some listings on carousel for mechs going at around $20-ish ~ $35

PS. be extra careful on carousel as got alot of scammers reselling mechs from taobao at a very very high markup.
 

tmfwy

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2000
Messages
7,448
Reaction score
6
And of course my wireless kb spoils when i'm overseas without access to tools, spares, or lazada

https://www.lazada.sg/microsoft-wir...html?spm=a2o42.search.0.0.DKMhpx&ff=1&boost=2

So I thought, since my M$ kb 600 at home's key surfaces are all worn out, might as well get a new wired kb here as its replacement.

And just so that my purchase won't be a waste of money, what are good deals on amazon and newegg that aren't good after international shipping? Budget <USD$50
Firstly, do you really neec mech kb??

using a wireless logitech MK270R or the smaller variant..
 

wwenze

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2002
Messages
86,764
Reaction score
30,379
If you are looking for a cheap mechanical keyboard, can either go taobao buy (but handle the shipping yrself) or u can go carousel hunt for bargains. I remember seeing some listings on carousel for mechs going at around $20-ish ~ $35

PS. be extra careful on carousel as got alot of scammers reselling mechs from taobao at a very very high markup.

I'll pass on taobao and carousell. Coz dunno what switches they are using. In the US with their many deals can get for example Aukey with Blue switches can be had for as low as US$25

https://slickdeals.net/f/10686908-a...-104-key-46?src=SiteSearchV2_SearchBarV2Algo1

And those using unknown switches i.e. not Cherry are cheaper than those using Cherry switches

Firstly, do you really neec mech kb??

using a wireless logitech MK270R or the smaller variant..

Not really, but I need a keyboard now, and I dunwan another wireless since I can repair this one later.

There really is no shortage of deals in the US. KB + mouse for US seven bucks?

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/insign...ffcode=pg199034&ksdevice=c&lsft=ref:212,loc:2

Even the LG Rolly only 28 bucks here
https://www.amazon.com/LG-Electronics-Portable-Wireless-Bluetooth/dp/B01605UVV6

And lots of Logitech wireless at prices much cheaper than S'pore.

Like Logitech K400 is only US$20, sibei tempting would have got it without second thoughts if I still use my living room com.
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top