What is EDMW's position on Self Harm content?

  • Need help?
    Reach out to someone from Samaritans of Singapore (24 hours): Call 1-767 or WhatsApp 9151-1767 More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

MoeLanYong

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2019
Messages
34,834
Reaction score
32,693
Self harm content is a very big issue in the US with 5 CEOs of social media companies needing to testify in the US Congress, and pledging to weed it out from their platforms.

https://apnews.com/article/meta-tik...stify-senate-00754a6bea92aaad62585ed55f219932

Many young lives are gone because they have access to self harm content.

Yet I see this rampant in EDMW. There is even a thread discussing it.

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...n-you-commit-suicide.7020710/#post-1520583691

What is EDMW's position on this?

Discussion on it allowed?

Glamorising it not allowed?

I also vexed by users that keep talking about "ending their lives" and euthanasia.

Enough to make me write this post.

Does this forum condone a gathering of such people, and allow itself to be used by them as a support group to find peers harbouring self harm thoughts?

Should such users be infracted?
 

MoeLanYong

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2019
Messages
34,834
Reaction score
32,693
May I request you not close this thread after 1 reply like it normally happens here but that you allow for me (or us) to respond.

Because there are quite a few questions I have asked above. Thank you.
 

LWZ

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2016
Messages
40,399
Reaction score
15,961
I feel euthanasia is fine to discuss.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top