What local brands to avoid?

Bumperbee88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have been using Prism+ TV for years. Recently, I have just upgraded to The 65" PRO latest model for just S$1,085 after Lazada vochour. My old Prism+ 55" was working fine for 6 years. With 3 years warranty., is attractive compare to others like LG or Sony or Sumsang. The latest PRO looks good so far.

ALacs

Reaction score
basically any brand CEO buy GCB and those brand always feature chio bus spagetti stripes advert in air con living room type, any common sensical buyer should just watch and decide for themselves lor. for buy, use and can throw stuff aka new norm consumer mindset, ok to go for local brands, no expectations, no disappointment right?

but for that 'experience' tier, am sure the respectable ikea chair can beat any gaming chair any day

Vulpix

Reaction score
Sometimes I want to support local products, but then some of them give such horrible service you just feel so turned off. Recently bought this local brand called Peekapoo diapers, good quality and decent price.

iamacow

Reaction score
Have been using Prism+ TV for years. Recently, I have just upgraded to The 65" PRO latest model for just S$1,085 after Lazada vochour. My old Prism+ 55" was working fine for 6 years. With 3 years warranty., is attractive compare to others like LG or Sony or Sumsang. The latest PRO looks good so far.
I have been using Xiaomi 65" TV for more than 2 years. bought and shipped from China for about $500+ including shipping. has more features than the "latest Pro" model from Prism+.

Your point being? That you had to wait 2 years to spend double the money to get 2 year old technology? hmmmm
You're right, Prism+ should be avoided!

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can don't bullshiat pls, Prism+ TV where got 6 years when the first gen E55 was launched in 2019.. :s22:
https://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/tech-news-prism-4k-smart-tv-singapore-price

Or are you paid to defend them lmao

iamacow

Reaction score
Prism+ is using Samsung panels for their monitors. Not the high end ones though, but still reasonably sturdy for few years of use before upgrading. For that price, itā€™s worthy. Paying influencers to market their products? Who donā€™t do so as a marketing channel? U want to pay top sportsmen or celebrities to market your product and charge a premium for it?
Prism uses cheap low end panel from Samsung.

Scoot buys planes from Airbus
Silkair has planes from Airbus
SIA buys planes from Airbus

For a long haul do you want to fly in a poorly fitted scoot plane or a normal SIA plane?
I think everyone is saying that Prism is Scoot pretending to be SilkAir and selling at SilkAir prices. The point is, other airlines offer cheaper prices AND better planes, than the SilkAir wannabe.

Not sure why Prism thinks they can compare with premium brands like Samsung.

semiret

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My Samsung 40" TV still working fine coming to 12 yrs leh. I find Sony, Samsung and Toshiba for TV quality quite good lor.

Lordhandsome88

Reaction score
JA is at least a trained patissier, but don't really care or patronise her either.
She's milking too much of her celebrity fame & hype to sell her bakes rather than the quality itself. There're better alternatives.
Got her milk I will order

BroJoe

Reaction score
Some local brands like Prism+ pay chiobu influencers too much $ to advertise **** products. What are some other local SG brands that do this that I should avoid?

brands to avoid so far:
Prism+
Ergotune
Secretlabs
Razer
Valore
Omnidesk?
Aftershock
Hi HYFLUX

Towelie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My Samsung 40" TV still working fine coming to 12 yrs leh. I find Sony, Samsung and Toshiba for TV quality quite good lor.
my samsung broke down after 3 yrs. first and last time i bought samsung tv. maybe just suay plus i not heavy user, never use for streaming or gaming

MY LG ALL LASTED MORE THAN 5, or longer years

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Some local brands like Prism+ pay chiobu influencers too much $ to advertise **** products. What are some other local SG brands that do this that I should avoid?

brands to avoid so far:
Prism+
Ergotune
Secretlabs
Razer
Valore
Omnidesk?
Aftershock

good list, 100% agree

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I thought.... should suppork local brands? No? LOL

Local brands are only good at using sexy models for marketing. The budget is all spent on marketing and advertising. They do not manufacture the products and are only good at importing products and overhyping them.

Fxxking worthless crap, no one should support buying all these cheaply made garbage at a high price.

blurwulf

Banned
Reaction score
Is GP battery local? This is one brand I will avoid like plague. Last time bought 1 jumbo pack, end up many of my electronics/remote controls up lorry due to battery leaks.šŸ˜”

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.