What parts should I get?

sugasuta

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2013
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
http //pcpartpicker.com/p/13B4h

^ I can't post links, so I removed the :

I'm looking to try to get a computer for gaming, hoping to use it for a good 4-6 years and also looking to OC it. Wondering if this build would work out and if any parts would be better if it was changed.

Things I'm unsure of:

Cooler - No idea what's good.
Sound Card - I need a sound card that supports true 7.1 sound
Monitor - What's good? I'm looking for 1920 x 1080 at least, but higher and cheaper is good
Optical Drive - I just need it to play DVDs
Case - What case would be good?

I have a budget of around 2 thousand dollars, I don't really think i can build it myself though, and I'm thinking of going to SLS to get everything and ask someone to build it; the site is just for convenience and reference sake.

Hoping to get some advice and help! Appreciate any help :s12:
 

sugasuta

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2013
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
sugasuta said:
Um, question on the motherboard, can I make do with something like ASRock
Z77 Extreme4? I have a more limited budget

I want to run CS6 as well, so with almost the exact same build other than the motherboard as well as the power supply (Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 800W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply), would they run without making the system crawl?

Oh and if I need to get a sound card would I need to change the power supply?

Still got some problems going around...
 

nippp0n

Master Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2013
Messages
2,807
Reaction score
1
CPU & Mobo: i5-4670K & MSI Z87-G45 Gaming @ $523
CPU Cooler: CM Hyper Evo 212 @ $59
Ram: Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz value ram 2x4GB @ $80
ODD: Samsung DVD RW @ $22
SSD: Plextor M5S 128GB @ $139
HDD: Hitachi Deskstar 1TB @ $80
GPU: Powercolor 7970 OC @ $505
Case: NZXT Phantom 410 @ $154
PSU: FSP Platinum 650W @ $142
OS: Windows 7 Home 64bit OEM @ $110
Monitor: Dell U2312HM @ $250

Total: $2064
Buy and build at Tradepac.

If you don't mind paying more for better service and cable management, PC Themes is highly recommended.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top