What port does graphic cards have nowadays?

super365

Master Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2008
Messages
4,012
Reaction score
35
If build a average new PC about $1500, maybe inside will have a about $150 - $200 graphics card. May I know what common connector slots are in graphic cards these days?

Asking this just to check if old monitors can connect or not.

Monitor with VGA and DVI ports can it be used with new video cards these days?
Monitor VGA or DVI ports can I use converter head to convert to HDMI or Displayport? Any disadvantage?

Not sure if VGA and DVI have already disappeared from new graphics card. (I long time never buy new PC)

Thanks
 

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2011
Messages
29,027
Reaction score
8,286
display port/dvi/hdmi

check which graphics card you are getting
 

super365

Master Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2008
Messages
4,012
Reaction score
35
Does all new graphics card sure have DVI? (New graphics card from retail store about $200.)

I mean I understand all these new graphics cards sure have hdmi, I not sure about dvi.
 

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2001
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
1,689
If build a average new PC about $1500, maybe inside will have a about $150 - $200 graphics card. May I know what common connector slots are in graphic cards these days?

Asking this just to check if old monitors can connect or not.

Monitor with VGA and DVI ports can it be used with new video cards these days?
Monitor VGA or DVI ports can I use converter head to convert to HDMI or Displayport? Any disadvantage?

Not sure if VGA and DVI have already disappeared from new graphics card. (I long time never buy new PC)

Thanks

What's the monitor model ?
 

alamakazim

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2013
Messages
8,132
Reaction score
402
syncmaster 940b. 1 VGA, 1 DVI port

u sure u dont want to upgrade monitor?

that is 10 years ago model

I think a $100-200 gpu deserve a better monitor

even crt monitor can work ... with vga/dvi adapter
 
Last edited:

super365

Master Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2008
Messages
4,012
Reaction score
35
u sure u dont want to upgrade monitor?

that is 10 years ago model

I think a $100-200 gpu deserve a better monitor

even crt monitor can work ... with vga/dvi adapter

Using it as a second monitor (dual monitor). Square shape screen save space, put beside main monitor.
 
Last edited:

super365

Master Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2008
Messages
4,012
Reaction score
35
new graphics card high end only have hdmi and dp...

Monitor DVI, VGA can plug in converter to become hdmi, displayport connector correct? Then monitor can connect hdmi, displayport cable connect to graphics card.
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top