What to do with an apple ID lock?

FreSch

Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2020
Messages
268
Reaction score
25
I got a second-hand ipad a long time ago. Turns out, it's Apple ID locked. I put unlocking it on the backburner for over a year due to not having time, and now I want to finally get it unlocked.

Here's my situation:
I got a used ipad that someone was throwing away, because they didn't want to go look for their apple ID details. It was an unofficial handover, so no documents, they just gave it to me. Is there anything I can do to unlock/reset the device? Or is it as good as a pricey brick at this point?

The thing is, if the guy who gave this to me went through the trouble contacting apple or giving me proof of transactions for apple support, they might as well have gone through the effort to unlock the ipad themselves, and they wouldn't have thrown it away.

(if the ipad is useless - not unlockable - I'll probably use it as a chopping board just to spite some internet dweebs lol)
 

FreSch

Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2020
Messages
268
Reaction score
25
Sounds like a brick unless you can find the guy to unlock it
yeah that's the problem. He didn't wanna deal with the hassle of getting it unlocked so he most likely thought "eh might as well give it away since I'm throwing it anyways". No documentation, so yeah, I'm kinda stuck...
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top