What will you do with only $20k-$30k?

tenthjuly

Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2012
Messages
220
Reaction score
0
If you only have that amount but do not want to just spend it away like that, and hope to make more money out of it, is there anything that you can do? Advice? :o
 

tenthjuly

Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2012
Messages
220
Reaction score
0
dependent on how much of a risk taker u are?

I can understand that there's risk in every investment/biz but I would like to explore what are the options available for only that sum because starting a biz(F&B/Boutique) it doesn't seems enough with that petty amount.:(
 

goenitz33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2007
Messages
15,352
Reaction score
2
u can do some small investments into stocks or buy some endowment insurance?

it will depends on how much risk u are willing to take, how long u are able to wait for the funds to grow and how liquid u want it to be.
 

Jarlaxle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2000
Messages
22,502
Reaction score
214
make a search or read the past threads
a lot of such questions hv been asked.
 

tenthjuly

Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2012
Messages
220
Reaction score
0
u can do some small investments into stocks or buy some endowment insurance?

it will depends on how much risk u are willing to take, how long u are able to wait for the funds to grow and how liquid u want it to be.

Ok not wanting to sound too demanding. But i didnt wanna put it into insurance bcos I find that there's no thrill doing so and kind of boring (If you get what I mean)

What are some good "small investments" out there?
Is forex something recommendable?

Oh and thank you btw :)
 

kebinu

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2001
Messages
38,082
Reaction score
1,873
You have already mention forex. Go learn how to play.
 

Some-one

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
52,831
Reaction score
3,805
You have already mention forex. Go learn how to play.
forex is pretty risky if you do not have the necessary experiences. I suggest you invest the amount in stocks. Depending on your risk level and timeframe, there are a number of stock that you can invest.
 

comeonshowme

Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
198
Reaction score
0
I did, but not on this significant amount.
Or perhaps if I may have overlook

You got 25k, what are the 1 year return you are looking at?

Will you be okay even after 1 year, you never earn anything, but back to the original amount?

Is this $$ extra to you? Can it be lost away and you can still live on a comfortable life?

:)
 

tenthjuly

Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2012
Messages
220
Reaction score
0
You have already mention forex. Go learn how to play.

Where can I learn? Basically, I heard about it but have no source about where can I learn it or do it?

forex is pretty risky if you do not have the necessary experiences. I suggest you invest the amount in stocks. Depending on your risk level and timeframe, there are a number of stock that you can invest.

Stocks from? Isn't stocks risky too?

You got 25k, what are the 1 year return you are looking at?

Will you be okay even after 1 year, you never earn anything, but back to the original amount?

Is this $$ extra to you? Can it be lost away and you can still live on a comfortable life?

:)

I'm not sure about the amount of return I'm looking at but of cos as much as possible =:p I wouldn't mind even if after a year, I still stay in the original amount of money. And yes, without the money, I can still survive. But of cos I do not wanna lose it all in a game like that :s13:

Hoot 10 lots of Starhub! ;)

You will get $2000 per year.

What's that?:s31:
 

iCuteCube

Master Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2008
Messages
2,513
Reaction score
0
Ok not wanting to sound too demanding. But i didnt wanna put it into insurance bcos I find that there's no thrill doing so and kind of boring (If you get what I mean)

What are some good "small investments" out there?
Is forex something recommendable?

Oh and thank you btw :)

Bold in red, go for Forex, sure got thrill, just dont jump down the building after losing.
 

kebinu

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2001
Messages
38,082
Reaction score
1,873
Where can I learn? Basically, I heard about it but have no source about where can I learn it or do it?



Stocks from? Isn't stocks risky too?



I'm not sure about the amount of return I'm looking at but of cos as much as possible =:p I wouldn't mind even if after a year, I still stay in the original amount of money. And yes, without the money, I can still survive. But of cos I do not wanna lose it all in a game like that :s13:



What's that?:s31:
Forex and stock, it's all about trading. You can learn at... "google how to trade".

There are a lots of advices everywhere.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top