WhatsApp Delayed Messages until App is Opened & NO notification

Kooosh

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2008
Messages
706
Reaction score
0
You know how you sometimes receive a message only a certain time period later? No, this isn't about that..

Recently I've been getting delayed messages with the correct timestamp, and no notification at all UNTIL I OPEN THE APP.

Lets say for example someone texts me at 7PM. I open it at 8PM.

1. If the delay is due to network issue, it will display the message with the timestamp 8PM.

2. My issue is that the display of the message is stamped with the time 7PM.

But there was no notification at all!

Anyone getting this issue? I emailed WhatsApp yesterday, no response as of now. Only a possible auto-generated response telling me to download from their website and install..

This is particular to only 1 of my contact that I text frequently.

Any ideas or anyone experiencing the same problem?
 

mr_voodoo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2006
Messages
12,094
Reaction score
0
yeah i've been having the issue for past 2-3 days since the last update as well. doesnt matter which contact
 

kopitalk

Member
Joined
Sep 17, 2008
Messages
201
Reaction score
0
Dunno where to complain?? Clear app's cache and see if that helps. Check if your sync setting is correct.
 

mokseng

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2013
Messages
30,890
Reaction score
27
Do you have greenify installed? If you do, be sure to disable whatsapp from being hibernated.

If not, you can try opening whatsapp and press the home button before you lock your phone. This will ensure that the app doesn't get killed. This used to be a problem for me sometimes, because when whatsapp gets killed, i won't receive the messages until i open it again.

If none of that works for you, maybe you can do a backup of your messages and reinstall the app. Whatsapp is working fine for me on my galaxy S4 though.
 

Kooosh

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2008
Messages
706
Reaction score
0
No I do not have greenify install!

There was once initially when setting up this new Note 3, I had a notification saying I should remove an application because of compatibility issues.

I forgotten which app is it but IIRC it's either AVG or Battery Doctor.

I also frequently use the Battery Doctor widget to kill tasks using the "Task Killer" .

Could that be the cause?
 

mokseng

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2013
Messages
30,890
Reaction score
27
Get done away with task killers. Use greenify instead and you won't have problems.
 

deathst

Master Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2010
Messages
3,451
Reaction score
2
No I do not have greenify install!

There was once initially when setting up this new Note 3, I had a notification saying I should remove an application because of compatibility issues.

I forgotten which app is it but IIRC it's either AVG or Battery Doctor.

I also frequently use the Battery Doctor widget to kill tasks using the "Task Killer" .

Could that be the cause?

Your Battery Doctor is likely killing the Whatapp service, I'm usually very against using apps that kills of task for the sake of battery. You are better of using the System's task Manager as it knows whatapp to keep in active rather then a 1 button kill all.
-A Samsung Connections Member-
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top