Whatsapp incoming push notification delays. Need help

kohkindachi

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2006
Messages
1,781
Reaction score
7
Hey guys I've a problem with my whatsapp (on S3). Example: My friend sent me a message at 830am, but at 1030am I've still not received any incoming notification (screen is off)....until I open whatsapp personally to check. Any advice?

I don't have any task killer installed and already tried restarting the phone and reinstalling whatsapp :(
 

gapboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2003
Messages
20,538
Reaction score
6,443
try whatsapp plus mod version and full of customization (and its free), Google for link on XDA forum
 
Last edited:

edbe87

Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2006
Messages
139
Reaction score
0
You are not alone, it happens to me once in a while as well on s4.

I believe one of my friends on S2 also had the problem where she has to log into whatsapp before receiving the message.

Could be an issue with the telco.
 

kohkindachi

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2006
Messages
1,781
Reaction score
7
Really telco problems? I'm using SH.
What I see here is when the phone screen is off, whatsapp isn't working, until I open it myself.

I'll try the custom whatsapp. Hope no root require :/
 

shine85

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2007
Messages
56
Reaction score
0
i'm currently having this prob too after i reset my s3 yesterday. besides whatsapp, my facebook and internet loading is slow too.

SH only able to solve the internet potion. whatsapp is a third party software and they are unable to advise.

i understand iphone5 have such prob too.. but not so common?
 

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2009
Messages
27,728
Reaction score
1,554
Ok so far i did some test. A painful one though.

Did any of you all did install battery saver app before (inclusive for those whom uninstalled before)? Those type whereby only when the screen is turned off the Data is turned off?

What i did was to factory reset it. After i factory reset it and i never touch any battery saver app ever, my whatsapp comes in promptly. Has been good for the past 2 days.
 

spuispui

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2013
Messages
1,002
Reaction score
15
Im using starhub too. Faced the same problem. Sometime cant even load fb. Data service really sucks.
 

leon0079

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2009
Messages
5,523
Reaction score
177
definitely starhub.

cos i tested on 2 models and same results.

STARHUB REALLY SUCKS!
 

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2009
Messages
27,728
Reaction score
1,554
Want to blame telco also very impossible. Whatsapp text are in BYTES leh. You tell me even running on 2g it can even send loh. Dont need until 3g or lte.
 

Iceman127

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2010
Messages
1,254
Reaction score
3
having the same problem since 3 months ago on S3. I'm on M1. Currently there seems to be no fix.
 

sbu7360

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2006
Messages
554
Reaction score
0
My s4 also having tis problem already.. n im on a new s4, nothing done to the phone
 

cheryl81

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2011
Messages
2,095
Reaction score
636
me n my fren on m1. I only receive the msg like 10-30 mins later. not once liao
 

alphaone

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2002
Messages
852
Reaction score
0
Samsung S2 user here, also on Star Hub.

Have noticed this delay for around 1, 2 weeks... Either msg comes in 15 mins late, or I'll have to open WhatsApp for a while, before the msgs flow in...

Gonna reset my phone n try...
 

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2009
Messages
27,728
Reaction score
1,554
I believe is not telcos fault. Cause they can help send the text to whatsapp server. And whatsapp server will re route to your receipents. So i dont see the issues with telcos. Cause if we are able to load a webpage easily in megabytes. I dont think so its an issue with telco to sent it in bytes. I believe its whatsapp.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top