Where do u guys buy ram from?

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2011
Messages
29,027
Reaction score
8,286
Lazada, Newegg, Amazon, Qoo10, SLS, which? I realized local ram very little choices especially when u wanna pick the ideal speeds and timing.
 

easyxiaobin

Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2018
Messages
353
Reaction score
0
Lazada, Newegg, Amazon, Qoo10, SLS, which? I realized local ram very little choices especially when u wanna pick the ideal speeds and timing.

for better ram speed and timing most are avail on newegg and amazon, usually newegg has more variety of timings and brands compared to amazon
 

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
22,366
Reaction score
117
Can I confirm that all those RAM purchase from Newegg or Amazon, there is not local warranty correct?
 

sumantochong

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2007
Messages
1,778
Reaction score
1
Corsair Official Lazada got mid year sale 18th June. You can collect their $25 off $150 now if you wanna buy vengeance rams

Lazada, Newegg, Amazon, Qoo10, SLS, which? I realized local ram very little choices especially when u wanna pick the ideal speeds and timing.
 
Joined
Oct 26, 2011
Messages
48,310
Reaction score
7,450
Lazada, Newegg, Amazon, Qoo10, SLS, which? I realized local ram very little choices especially when u wanna pick the ideal speeds and timing.

All the above.
Where cheaper I buy from who.
RAM usually quite durable one.

RAM Speed depends you Intel or AMD.
Personally I just chiong cheapest 3000Mhz RAM.
 

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2003
Messages
25,669
Reaction score
2,123
Can I confirm that all those RAM purchase from Newegg or Amazon, there is not local warranty correct?

Amazon, no. Newegg, I am not sure since I have not purchased from them previously. But I assume its gonna be the same as Amazon.

No local warranty is no deal breaker for me since I can still send the rams directly to the manufacturer. The item is small, and so does not cost much when it comes to shipping. The cost of shipping is also going to be the same if not cheaper than the price of me catching a cab to and back from the local distro.
 

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2003
Messages
25,669
Reaction score
2,123
All the above.
Where cheaper I buy from who.
RAM usually quite durable one.

RAM Speed depends you Intel or AMD.
Personally I just chiong cheapest 3000Mhz RAM.

Agree. I feel the prices between 3200 and 3000 should be quite small now. So I would recommend 3200.
 

elmariachi

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 30, 2005
Messages
6,350
Reaction score
1,507
The best RAMS can be found on Newegg. Managed to get both my B-Die kits from them mid last year. Very few B-Die kits left on Newegg and they are EXPENSIVE.
 

flame2000

Banned
Joined
Sep 20, 2000
Messages
19,713
Reaction score
1,552
Most of the Ryzen rams here are CL16 or CL18. You can get CL14 rams from Amazon or Newegg at same price as those CL16 ram sold here.
 

lexmarq

Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2009
Messages
485
Reaction score
6
Amazon, no. Newegg, I am not sure since I have not purchased from them previously. But I assume its gonna be the same as Amazon.

No local warranty is no deal breaker for me since I can still send the rams directly to the manufacturer. The item is small, and so does not cost much when it comes to shipping. The cost of shipping is also going to be the same if not cheaper than the price of me catching a cab to and back from the local distro.

Exactly this. Moreover, usually the distributors are only open during working hours. So either you have to go during lunch time, or apply for leave or off just to send the defective RAM to them. I rather just go to Singpost and ship directly to the manufacturer (usually in Taiwan anyway). The return shipment from the manufacturer to you will be paid by them.

Can't beat the price of newegg or amazon for ram. Like, it costs 165 SGD for 2x16gb of 3200 mhz RAM on Amazon right now.
 
Last edited:

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2011
Messages
29,027
Reaction score
8,286
Corsair Official Lazada got mid year sale 18th June. You can collect their $25 off $150 now if you wanna buy vengeance rams

mlmlwml, corsair vengeance LPX my biggest regret.. local stocks all cui speeds and timing + overpriced.

The other day i went to RMA my lpx at convergent also had bad experience.. the front desk guy maybe is an intern, don't know anything about ram and still dare show attitude.. These days the service level really is drop until CMI.

Ppl said support local, this kind of service how to support? Pay extra for wat??
 

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2011
Messages
29,027
Reaction score
8,286
Most of the Ryzen rams here are CL16 or CL18. You can get CL14 rams from Amazon or Newegg at same price as those CL16 ram sold here.

yes, here u cannot find 3200 cl 14 / 3600 cl 16 rams unless get chopped.
 

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2011
Messages
29,027
Reaction score
8,286
Amazon, no. Newegg, I am not sure since I have not purchased from them previously. But I assume its gonna be the same as Amazon.

No local warranty is no deal breaker for me since I can still send the rams directly to the manufacturer. The item is small, and so does not cost much when it comes to shipping. The cost of shipping is also going to be the same if not cheaper than the price of me catching a cab to and back from the local distro.

btw, can u share with me which courier service u use? I have never rma to oversea before.. how much the charges for ram?
 

lexmarq

Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2009
Messages
485
Reaction score
6
btw, can u share with me which courier service u use? I have never rma to oversea before.. how much the charges for ram?

Not Ken, but for me, I had issue with my Patriot ram in the past. The customer service created a ticket for me and asked me to ship the ram over to the office in Taiwan. I just went to Singpost and ship it over (Think it was less than 10 bucks). They provided tracking and the ram took like 3-4 days to reach them.

Patriot took like 1-2 days to verify, and shipped it back to me within 3-4 days as well. So the total time for me to send and receive back my new ram was less than 2 weeks.
 
Last edited:

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2011
Messages
29,027
Reaction score
8,286
Not Ken, but for me, I had issue with my Patriot ram in the past. The customer service created a ticket for me and asked me to ship the ram over to the office in Taiwan. I just went to Singpost and ship it over (Think it was less than 10 bucks). They provided tracking and the ram took like 3-4 days to reach them.

oh.. singpost can ship overseas too? that's cool.
 

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2011
Messages
29,027
Reaction score
8,286
The best RAMS can be found on Newegg. Managed to get both my B-Die kits from them mid last year. Very few B-Die kits left on Newegg and they are EXPENSIVE.

i just did quick check and i see that new egg shipping is dam expensive $30.. compared to amazon < $20
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top