where to buy laptop?

cowyblock

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 17, 2016
Messages
77
Reaction score
0
I am going to go to Australia to study on Feb 2020 onwards planning to get a laptop for gaming and uni work. Should I get the laptop in Singapore or Australia where is cheaper?
 

HolyInnocents

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2011
Messages
971
Reaction score
2
I am going to go to Australia to study on Feb 2020 onwards planning to get a laptop for gaming and uni work. Should I get the laptop in Singapore or Australia where is cheaper?

How long is your course? Australia uses a different plug from Singapore so if you're going there for a long time (e.g. 3 years) it is better for you to buy a laptop there, otherwise you will have to bring an international adaptor everywhere you go
 

cowyblock

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 17, 2016
Messages
77
Reaction score
0
shouldn't be a problem would just buy a charger for the same laptop in Australia. my current concern is the cost
 

ilXiao

Junior Member
Joined
May 31, 2019
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Check Jarrods tech YouTube for Australia laptop price. He does include them in the video. Then compare them with local prices. I highly recommend you do your own research for this one.

One other consideration is that ensure you are accessible to the service center should you buy a laptop.

There is reason people buy laptop locally instead of buying from the US despite US has more customisation options and cheaper price.

Just make sure your warranty covers you until 2020. Laptop are more prone to damage since you bring it out with you on the go.

There is reason why laptop default warranty only last a year. Probably too risky to give you more.
 

Lil_d3viLz

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2008
Messages
5,481
Reaction score
39
Bought laptop from US too. Much cheaper. More freebies. More customisation.
1 year global warranty anyway. Just that 2nd year stuck in US instead of SG.
If 1 year no problem, 2year got issue means unlucky or user problem le.

Pay so much for local stock for what. Who earns? Local distributors.
U see others buying mobile phone from overseas, how many willing to pay for extended warranty? Not much.
 

GeekyGecko1

Junior Member
Joined
May 28, 2019
Messages
44
Reaction score
0
I am going to go to Australia to study on Feb 2020 onwards planning to get a laptop for gaming and uni work. Should I get the laptop in Singapore or Australia where is cheaper?

You can compare the prices between both the Dell Outlets in SG and AU. Both come with premium support warranty and I believe its international warranty. Extending it also possible but have to ask the Dell agents how much the extension would cost.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top