Where to exchange Macau Pataca?

TonyMercifulAttorney

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2014
Messages
1,195
Reaction score
0
I will be going to Macau soon and I would like to know where I can exchange currency for Macau Pataca here in Singapore. Thank you.
 

purplewave

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2003
Messages
92,594
Reaction score
2,717
just use HK dollar, rates are very similar, best part is when you pay with HKD, they return your change in HKD, if you pay in MOP they return your change in MOP. However prices are all quoted in MOP, so if price is 100 MOP, you will still have to pay 100 HKD so you lugi slightly.
 

TonyMercifulAttorney

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2014
Messages
1,195
Reaction score
0
just use HK dollar, rates are very similar, best part is when you pay with HKD, they return your change in HKD, if you pay in MOP they return your change in MOP. However prices are all quoted in MOP, so if price is 100 MOP, you will still have to pay 100 HKD so you lugi slightly.
Thank you.
 

dleodleo

Master Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2007
Messages
2,835
Reaction score
12
I will be going to Macau soon and I would like to know where I can exchange currency for Macau Pataca here in Singapore. Thank you.

Ya. Dun change Macau $, just use HKD. I went Macau last time, used HKD and they returned the change to me in HKD too.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top