Where to Molest Cameras?

DrSheldonCooper

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2010
Messages
6,256
Reaction score
21
Hi guys. Looking to buy a new camera. Looking for a mirrorless camera.

Is there any good shop where I can go to test/touch various models?

Btw I'd appreciate any recommendations as well. Budget is around $700.

Thanks!
 

magix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 28, 2000
Messages
16,883
Reaction score
90
Hi guys. Looking to buy a new camera. Looking for a mirrorless camera.

Is there any good shop where I can go to test/touch various models?

Btw I'd appreciate any recommendations as well. Budget is around $700.

Thanks!

Plaza Sing: TKfoto
Raffles City: Alan Photo / slr revolution
Peninsula Plaza : Cathay Photo

What your usage, Do you need 4K video?
 

DrSheldonCooper

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2010
Messages
6,256
Reaction score
21
Plaza Sing: TKfoto
Raffles City: Alan Photo / slr revolution
Peninsula Plaza : Cathay Photo

What your usage, Do you need 4K video?

Thanks for the reply. I remember last time MS color was really popular. Nowadays not so much?

Just looking for a camera to use when travelling. And also will probably get a 45-50mm portrait lens in future to take shots of baby/kid.

4k video... I would say no need.

One thing I know I'd really like to have is "touch to focus" on the touchscreen menu. I used to own the omd mk I long time ago and it was great. Actually also considering the mkII though it's slightly out of budget.

Taking a look at Sony a5100 as well as Pen EPL-8.
 

sadboy

Master Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2000
Messages
2,916
Reaction score
179
Mscolor still popular. You can check e-m10 mark 2.

Maybe single lens kit can get around that price or 750+ range. Maybe call mscolor up to check the price.
 
Last edited:

DrSheldonCooper

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2010
Messages
6,256
Reaction score
21
Mscolor still popular. You can check e-m10 mark 2.

Maybe single lens kit can get around that price or 750+ range. Maybe call mscolor up to check the price.

Thanks man. Will probably check them out as well.

Yeah MKII reviews still seem good. Like even now still got people recommend, even though it's a couple of years old model.

Any other recommendations do share thanks! =)
 

sadboy

Master Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2000
Messages
2,916
Reaction score
179
Fuji and Sony are damn hot this days but i feel that Fuji Lens is a little expansive as compare to M4/3.

Sony seems like body small lens big.

Anyway can check out Canon M. But their AF not very fast try the entry level.

I still think E-10 MKII is best because has body in build 5 axis image stabilization.
 
Last edited:

Ah_keong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 5, 2008
Messages
7,801
Reaction score
1
Can try showroom:

Fujifilm : Suntec
Olympus : River Valley
Sony : Sony stores
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top