Where to park money?

rokawa2

Member
Joined
Jun 23, 2012
Messages
118
Reaction score
19
Hi guys,

I have 75k in UOB acct.
nearly 50k in DBS multiplier acct.

dividends coming in end of the month.
both current acct are capped.

Any suggestion other than CIMB 1% no criteria?
Am not <27 so SCB jumpstart cant be applied.

Thanks a lot
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
Hi guys,

I have 75k in UOB acct.
nearly 50k in DBS multiplier acct.

dividends coming in end of the month.
both current acct are capped.

Any suggestion other than CIMB 1% no criteria?
Am not <27 so SCB jumpstart cant be applied.

Thanks a lot

Able to clock another category on dbs multiplier to unlock balance tier up to 100k?
 

studi92

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2010
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
You can look at endowment plan that gives a guaranteed coupon or dividend payout.

You can drop me a pm and I can help to address your concerns.
 

Thoreldan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2006
Messages
21,801
Reaction score
16,970
You can look at endowment plan that gives a guaranteed coupon or dividend payout.

You can drop me a pm and I can help to address your concerns.

Endowment ?
Lai liao lai liao...whahha
 

Thoreldan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2006
Messages
21,801
Reaction score
16,970
Ts why are you doing with so much cash ? Time to invest man
 

BBCWatcher

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2010
Messages
24,604
Reaction score
5,595
Leaving aside the important question of whether you should even be dragging more than S$125K along in low yielding vehicles, here are some other suggestions in no particular order:

1. Fixed deposits
Example (a): CIMB at 1.8% p.a. for 12 months, min. $10K
Example (b): ICBC at 1.75% p.a. for 3 months, min. $20K

2. Singapore Savings Bonds
This month's offer is 1.52% p.a. during the first year and 1.76% p.a. if held to maturity, min. $500 placement (plus a $2 transaction fee). Total SSB holdings are limited to S$200K per individual.

3. 6 month Singapore government T-bills
The next T-bill auction is next week (December 12), with applications closing early next week. It'll probably yield about 1.66% p.a. unless market rates change much between now and the auction. Min. $1,000 (face value), or you can park up into the millions of dollars here if you wish. There's effectively no limit with noncompetitive bids, and noncompetitive bids are the only bids individuals should lodge in these auctions.
 

studi92

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2010
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Financial advisor are just doing their job to help clients managed their money. We are offering a solution to customers by advising them to put their funds in different financial vehicles.
 

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2010
Messages
29,451
Reaction score
5,625
Ts why are you doing with so much cash ? Time to invest man

see his signature, 1k+ passive income, most likely he already have a large sum in stocks and this is his warchest for waiting for better opportunities
 

rokawa2

Member
Joined
Jun 23, 2012
Messages
118
Reaction score
19
Ah the 100k capped.
Dun think im that desperate to get additional insurance to get a few more % points. And i only have credit card transaction.
Unable to get home loan since only 54k balance and investment category I interpreted it as their unit trust or receiving dividends or making a transaction through their brokerage platform on a monthly basis. Kinda hard to get 3 transactions to unlock the cap I think.
Im not looking into spending additional $100 to earn $1. Beats the purpose of saving.

I have seen a number of endowment plans but nothing beats liquidity and immediate dividends/distribution payout.
And i kind of dislike that I need to pay a significant chunk to other people first before they even earn money for me, front loading etc. IF they even do make money for me.
Projected investment returns earned by a fund does not equate into the actual return that I will be getting from your endowment plan. This, not a blatant lie outright but is still misleading. It makes me turn off from endowment plans or unit trusts. If something cant be advertised simply and theres a need to dress it up to look nicer, I cant trust it. I trust CPF more :x though I never top up. It says 2.5% means 2.5% guaranteed until the new quarterly review :x
This is just my personal way of thinking.

3 month fixed depo at 1.75% looks cool. but minimum 20k is a turn off at the moment. Definitely looks cool though if the money balance reaches 135-145k in the future. Thanks!

I dont see it as 125k. 50k is set aisde for housing loan balance in case i am jobless. My family CPF OA can only cover till loan balance 46k. Getting old I guess. I use to keep none for emergency fund. Just relying on cashflow.
The balance is just waiting for really good opportunities. I'm still significantly vested in the market and non-employed income is at borderline covering monthly expenses.

Thanks a lot guys for the input. I guess CIMB is the only viable option until ready for ICBC or an opportunity arise.
 

alex22

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2001
Messages
26,522
Reaction score
7,667
Cimb
1.70pa 3mo 10k min
1.80pa 12mo 10k min
 
Last edited:

alex22

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2001
Messages
26,522
Reaction score
7,667
Financial advisor are just doing their job to help clients managed their money. We are offering a solution to customers by advising them to put their funds in different financial vehicles.
Will you retire in 5 years?
 

lzydata

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2010
Messages
6,741
Reaction score
3,091
Stanchart's eSaver account has bonus interest up to 31 January 2020. For incremental fresh funds compared to November 2019's average daily balance, the rate is 1.75% pa to 1.90% pa.
 

1scape

Banned
Joined
Mar 3, 2019
Messages
169
Reaction score
0
anyone uses seedin? any feedback/thoughts? i always see them fully subscribed
 

rokawa2

Member
Joined
Jun 23, 2012
Messages
118
Reaction score
19
Stanchart's eSaver account has bonus interest up to 31 January 2020. For incremental fresh funds compared to November 2019's average daily balance, the rate is 1.75% pa to 1.90% pa.

Hey. Had a glance at this. Looks good.
Similar to citibank but simpler. Do they sort of extend the bonus interest every month and then?
 

hypertrophy

Master Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2010
Messages
2,810
Reaction score
160
I’m also looking for somewhere to park my funds after the changes in Citibank. Thinking to open another uob one under wife’s name
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top