Where to replace ipad battery?

10DeeQ

Reaction score
Hi I bought an 2017 12.9” ipad pro for my dad few years ago
As he like to watch YouTube everyday
Anyway the battery is starting getting bad, it can drop from eg. 90% to 80% in a matter of 5 minutes.
I think it’s time to change a new battery
Anyone know how much apple will charge for it ?
Or i better off go to those ah beng shops?

im thinking to to get him the new 12.9 pro but it has no home button, and for old people home button is very very essential.

please advise, thanks

reddevil0728

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi I bought an 2017 12.9” ipad pro for my dad few years ago
As he like to watch YouTube everyday
Anyway the battery is starting getting bad, it can drop from eg. 90% to 80% in a matter of 5 minutes.
I think it’s time to change a new battery
Anyone know how much apple will charge for it ?
Or i better off go to those ah beng shops?

im thinking to to get him the new 12.9 pro but it has no home button, and for old people home button is very very essential.

please advise, thanks

When it comes to battery related stuff, always better to go to official channel, in case fire hazard.

but If price is really too prohibitive than no choice la.

but if it’s not materially more expensive, going to the official channel one will be better

Parka

Master Member
Reaction score
Just do a search for "ipad battery replacement singapore" on Google and you will see lots of results.

Search on Carousell also.

These third party repair shops have been around forever

I just sent mine to one to repair the charging port yesterday.

10DeeQ

Reaction score

When it comes to battery related stuff, always better to go to official channel, in case fire hazard.

but If price is really too prohibitive than no choice la.

but if it’s not materially more expensive, going to the official channel one will be better
any idea what apple charges for a 12.9 ipad pro battery ?

10DeeQ

Reaction score
Just do a search for "ipad battery replacement singapore" on Google and you will see lots of results.

Search on Carousell also.

These third party repair shops have been around forever

I just sent mine to one to repair the charging port yesterday.
i saw those ah beng or 3rd party shops, but i preffer go directly to apple if the difference in price is not too much

terriblee

Reaction score
Has anyone tried diy to replace iPad battery? My iPad Air 2 battery is dead and contemplating replacing it myself. Or any third shops that impose a minimal cost to replace? Don’t want to go back to Apple because it’s an old refurbished iPad and not worth spending the money at Apple.

reddevil0728

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried diy to replace iPad battery? My iPad Air 2 battery is dead and contemplating replacing it myself. Or any third shops that impose a minimal cost to replace? Don’t want to go back to Apple because it’s an old refurbished iPad and not worth spending the money at Apple.
can try ifixit.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.