Which Direction Will Property Prices Go ?

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Hehe suddenly no one talking about JSS, debt moratorium, job loss and 40% crash.
These pple suddenly disappeared or vanish in thin air? :s13:

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what do you guys think of the current resales HDB market?

1M for 4 room flat Duxton? Henderson? Dawson? over 600K for 3 room?

is it worth it?

will the current market and price be going up and up in the future for these areas? 10 years sell back still got these values?

The only one I would consider is Duxton if high floor w premium view, as its location is great, not Henderson or Dawson (both are far from MRT and don’t have that same vibe as Duxton).

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The only one I would consider is Duxton if high floor w premium view, as its location is great, not Henderson or Dawson (both are far from MRT and don’t have that same vibe as Duxton).
HDB wise I would pick Dawson esp Sky Terrace.
As single am okay with 3room.
Timeless design and tranquil area.

The downside, quite a distance to QT MRT and not many halal Makan places. Quick check, some blocks Chinese quota filled. So it’s easier for me to enter. Aiya but I’m not 35. :D

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
HDB wise I would pick Dawson. As single am okay with 3room.
Timeless design and tranquil area.

The downside, quite a distance to QT MRT and not many halal Makan places. Quick check, some blocks Chinese quota filled. So it’s easier for me to enter. Aiya but I’m not 35. :D

600k for Dawson 3 room is ok, but nothing more than that. Friend of mine bought AMK 3 room for 570k too, cos of convenience of a central location.

However, the plan for entering a resale HDB at such high price would be for long term stay than to sell for profit.

But if for 1m, I would choose Duxton and definitely not consider the other two..

scanner007

Reaction score
I believe there will be more 1 mils HDB coming. If not now, at least within 5 years..
New BTO 5 room of around 1k sft not even near MRT (15 mins walk to MRT) at matured estate is commanding 800k, what to expect these units to sell once they enter resale market?

These will provide price support for private properties at good location/matured estate.

To be frank, we are seriously moving towards HK property dilemma but could be at a slower pace due to adequate units supplies meeting the demands in mid/long term.

My 2 cents

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I believe there will be more 1 mils HDB coming. If not now, at least within 5 years..
New BTO 5 room of around 1k sft not even near MRT (15 mins walk to MRT) at matured estate is commanding 800k, what to expect these units to sell once they enter resale market?

These will provide price support for private properties at good location/matured estate.

To be frank, we are seriously moving towards HK property dilemma but could be at a slower pace due to adequate units supplies meeting the demands in mid/long term.

My 2 cents

###

Those purchasing million $$ hdb will unlikely be looking at capital gain, according to so many experts.. They are looking at depreciation to zero meaning pay 1 million, live there for xx years, so 1 mil/ xx years assuming straight line.

Since own stay, buyers happy ok already,
Sellers huat and laugh all the way...

###

assiak71

Master Member
Reaction score
Bro the statement of dawson far from mrt is wrong. Skyterrace slightly far but skyville is considered near. Fully sheltered to QT mrt which you will appreciate during heavy rain

scanner007

Reaction score
###

Those purchasing million $$ hdb will unlikely be looking at capital gain, according to so many experts.. They are looking at depreciation to zero meaning pay 1 million, live there for xx years, so 1 mil/ xx years assuming straight line.

Since own stay, buyers happy ok already,
Sellers huat and laugh all the way...

###

Is there any figures to quantify this claim, "They are looking at depreciation to zero meaning pay 1 million" :s13:.
Anyone with such mindset even if they are well to do but not rich and who are these Expert?

You know you going to make big losses and yet decided to buy at over a million. :s22: :s13:

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Is there any figures to quantify this claim, "They are looking at depreciation to zero meaning pay 1 million" :s13:.
Anyone with such mindset even if they are well to do but not rich and who are these Expert?

You know you going to make big losses and yet decided to buy at over a million. :s22: :s13:

In 2020, you buy $1,000,000
In 2119, you lose $1,000,000

Forever84

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In 2020, you buy $1,000,000
In 2119, you lose $1,000,000

Well, 100 years ago 1 million probably worth 31M in today terms

So odds are inflation will eat away at your 1M house and losing 1M in 100 years time is probably nothing 😂

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro the statement of dawson far from mrt is wrong. Skyterrace slightly far but skyville is considered near. Fully sheltered to QT mrt which you will appreciate during heavy rain

Don’t think so though bro..

9mins away (on map) and I don’t think fully shelthered (stand corrected).

assiak71

Master Member
Reaction score
Don’t think so though bro..

9mins away (on map) and I don’t think fully shelthered (stand corrected).

Skyville to mrt is really considered near. Maybe your standard is higher.

Shortest path is unsheltered. In the event of rain, there is longer sheltered path. Once again I want to emphasise this. Its really good when raining. :)

rlskyline

Master Member
Reaction score
####

Share the ending of the story:

Yes, this unit did not stay in the market for long, already sold.
I did not buy because there is some construction work nearby, did not want to put up with the dust and noise...

####

u wanted to buy for own stay?

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

###

Some sharing...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ORj1ikvwxsc

###

Last edited:

MrHighlander

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi- which video is this ?

###

Just my two cents:

2020 is different from 2021.
In 2020, even agents and developers are expecting a decline in prices...yes, this was the case during the lock down and uncertainty..
However, look at 4q 2020...

2021, everyone is talking about recovery mode and vaccine, do you expect prices to perform worse than 2020, barring any new black swan (covid 21) or measures?
DC just raised, construction costs increased...land price... Tanah Merah 17xx to 18xx psf?!?!

While shopping, I can sense that the reasonably priced units have been taken up. There are sellers around asking for premiums as they try to take the cue from new launch pricing. These stayed in the market longer.

That being said, with my money, today, I would likely stay away from new launch as I feel these are the ‘left overs’ and the pricing poses a risk ...remember 42% new launch make losses...when I buy new launch, I need to feel lucky and buy top 10%...
Resale can still find some value buy...
When I buy, I do not want to hope and wish I made the right decision.
I want to know already that the purchase is the correct one before I buy.

What I will look out for?

The stock level dipping below 20k as well as possible CM (one video went as bold as to predict that they already finalising and would announce in 2Q or 3Q, for those hoping for faster action..)

####

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.