Which equities are good to go?

xianxx

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2008
Messages
562
Reaction score
0
I saw this LionGlobal SEA Fund, is it good to buy for mid term investment?
 

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2000
Messages
13,106
Reaction score
4,077
I saw this LionGlobal SEA Fund, is it good to buy for mid term investment?

If you believe that XXX fund is so great, you should also buy shares in the fund management company or whatever listed company owns the fund management company since they'll also make money when their fund does well. :D
 

xianxx

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2008
Messages
562
Reaction score
0
If you believe that XXX fund is so great, you should also buy shares in the fund management company or whatever listed company owns the fund management company since they'll also make money when their fund does well. :D

So chiem, I am beginner.. so just wanna start with unit trust / equities..
 

xianxx

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2008
Messages
562
Reaction score
0
I would go for STI ETF

Uh, but I see the graph....seems to be dropping and dropping?
You think it will go up again?

* I know the past doesn't tell the future, but just wanna be on the cautious side.
 

Motherliquor.P

Senior Member
Joined
May 14, 2011
Messages
2,187
Reaction score
0
Uh, but I see the graph....seems to be dropping and dropping?
You think it will go up again?

* I know the past doesn't tell the future, but just wanna be on the cautious side.

Not expecting much from sti for the time being. Unless Jpy will weaken more to 103, it's time to buy again then
 

Motherliquor.P

Senior Member
Joined
May 14, 2011
Messages
2,187
Reaction score
0
I look and look, I only can see maybe Aberdeen Thai/Malaysian look like safe to buy..

Thai is cutting their interest rate. Probably to weaken their currency and save their export competitiveness. I actually prefer indonesia market because their own domestic demand able to support its growth
 

xianxx

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2008
Messages
562
Reaction score
0
0204 GMT [Dow Jones] Singapore''s STI declines 1.1% to 3331.82 in the first hour of trade on Thursday in line with declines by regional peers and the Nikkei. The usual concerns cited by market players is the withdrawal of quantitative easing by the U.S. Federal Reserve by the end of the year, Joshua Tan, Head of Research at Philip Capital writes in a note. "Our view is that such a withdrawal may provoke a selloff, but is also a signal that the U.S. economy is actually strong enough to stand on its own - in such a case, a selloff may eventually give way to significant buying back in," he says, and advises his clients to buy whenever there''s a significant correction. On Thursday, Global Logistic Properties (MC0.SG) leads the losers on the STI, falling 3.5% to S$2.75. United Overseas Bank (U11.SG) is down 1.9% at S$20.87.

Can give some insight on why you fwd this piece of news ?
 

xianxx

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2008
Messages
562
Reaction score
0
Thai is cutting their interest rate. Probably to weaken their currency and save their export competitiveness. I actually prefer indonesia market because their own domestic demand able to support its growth

Indonesia not v luan meh?

By the way, does the fund manager plays a crucial role in how well the UT does?
Some fund managers are so famous, can google them one..

And I heard some fund houses will promote the funds, based on how popular/famous the fund manager is..
 

Motherliquor.P

Senior Member
Joined
May 14, 2011
Messages
2,187
Reaction score
0
Indonesia not v luan meh?

By the way, does the fund manager plays a crucial role in how well the UT does?
Some fund managers are so famous, can google them one..

And I heard some fund houses will promote the funds, based on how popular/famous the fund manager is..

Indonesia market is chaotic. I can't deny that. But it has been giving me all the right boost... Somehow
 

Motherliquor.P

Senior Member
Joined
May 14, 2011
Messages
2,187
Reaction score
0
Hmmm, so the trick is to go in @ the right time? :zonia:

Visit jakarta, Bandung and Medan. Go the shop houses and ask them how they feel about the economy. Ask them how sales have been for the past couple of months. From there, decide if it's a buy or no buy. That's what I did
Edit:But I can't guarantee what the future holds
 
Last edited:

xianxx

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2008
Messages
562
Reaction score
0
Visit jakarta, Bandung and Medan. Go the shop houses and ask them how they feel about the economy. Ask them how sales have been for the past couple of months. From there, decide if it's a buy or no buy. That's what I did

... Sibeh effort..
Then in this case, SG shld be doing extremely well bcos singaporeans are spending a lot..
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top