My old PC has decided to kick the bucket, looking to replace the 7 year old PC with something abit flashy.
I'm looking for a purely gaming PC, no video editing etc.
Central Processing Unit (Desktop) :
Intel i5 4690 Processor (Quad Core) (6M Cache, 3.5-3.9 GHZ)
Graphics Card (Desktop) :
NVIDIA GEFORCE 970 GTX 4GB GDDR5
Motherboard (Standard) :
ASRock Motherboard H97M Pro4
Random Access Memory (RAM) (Desktop) :
8GB DDR3 1600MHZ
Or,
Central Processing Unit (Desktop) :
Intel i7 4790 Processor (Quad Core) (8MB Cache 3.6-4.0 GHZ)
Graphics Card (Desktop) :
NVIDIA GEFORCE 970 GTX 4GB GDDR5
Motherboard (Standard) :
ASRock Motherboard H97 Pro 4 (Non SLI Support)
Random Access Memory (RAM) (Desktop) :
16GB DDR3 1600MHZ
-------------------------------------
I've read that for gaming PCs 16gbs are never fully utiliized and even current AAA games barely reach 8gbs of ram when gaming
I don't know much about motherboards, the difference between ASRock Motherboard H97M Pro4 and ASRock Motherboard H97 Pro 4 is a mystery.
Is i7 overkill? or is i5 sufficient to last me for the next few years.
Anyone care to share some insights?
I'm looking for a purely gaming PC, no video editing etc.
Central Processing Unit (Desktop) :
Intel i5 4690 Processor (Quad Core) (6M Cache, 3.5-3.9 GHZ)
Graphics Card (Desktop) :
NVIDIA GEFORCE 970 GTX 4GB GDDR5
Motherboard (Standard) :
ASRock Motherboard H97M Pro4
Random Access Memory (RAM) (Desktop) :
8GB DDR3 1600MHZ
Or,
Central Processing Unit (Desktop) :
Intel i7 4790 Processor (Quad Core) (8MB Cache 3.6-4.0 GHZ)
Graphics Card (Desktop) :
NVIDIA GEFORCE 970 GTX 4GB GDDR5
Motherboard (Standard) :
ASRock Motherboard H97 Pro 4 (Non SLI Support)
Random Access Memory (RAM) (Desktop) :
16GB DDR3 1600MHZ
-------------------------------------
I've read that for gaming PCs 16gbs are never fully utiliized and even current AAA games barely reach 8gbs of ram when gaming
I don't know much about motherboards, the difference between ASRock Motherboard H97M Pro4 and ASRock Motherboard H97 Pro 4 is a mystery.
Is i7 overkill? or is i5 sufficient to last me for the next few years.
Anyone care to share some insights?