Hi all,
I am considering my options for buying Note 8. I have concluded that M1 is better than Circles Life for me but hope that you can enlighten if my calculations are wrong somewhere or there is a better plan elsewhere! Thank you!
If I opt for M1 2 year plan, but intending to only use it for 1 year:
Upfront payment: $298
Subscription: $102/mth for 7gb plan
As I have 40% CIS, this turns out to be $298+0.6(102×12) = $1032.40
After 1 year, re-contract penalty is $350 and assuming resale value of Note 8 is 700, I am effectively paying (1032.40 + 350 - 700) = $682.40 to use Note 8 for 1 year before upgrade.
The above is just theoretical as I missed the window period for Note8 preorder. I will be buying Note8 from Samsung store and pre-ordering for Iphone8 instead. My assumption is that the price plan can't differ much.
If I opt for Circles Life,
Upfront: $1398 for Note 8 from Samsung store
Subscription: $28/mth
No 40%CIS hence it turns out to be $1734 per year
After 1 year, no fee penalty and resale $700, I am paying $1034 per year. So Circles Life does not work for me.
Thanks for reading!
I am considering my options for buying Note 8. I have concluded that M1 is better than Circles Life for me but hope that you can enlighten if my calculations are wrong somewhere or there is a better plan elsewhere! Thank you!
If I opt for M1 2 year plan, but intending to only use it for 1 year:
Upfront payment: $298
Subscription: $102/mth for 7gb plan
As I have 40% CIS, this turns out to be $298+0.6(102×12) = $1032.40
After 1 year, re-contract penalty is $350 and assuming resale value of Note 8 is 700, I am effectively paying (1032.40 + 350 - 700) = $682.40 to use Note 8 for 1 year before upgrade.
The above is just theoretical as I missed the window period for Note8 preorder. I will be buying Note8 from Samsung store and pre-ordering for Iphone8 instead. My assumption is that the price plan can't differ much.
If I opt for Circles Life,
Upfront: $1398 for Note 8 from Samsung store
Subscription: $28/mth
No 40%CIS hence it turns out to be $1734 per year
After 1 year, no fee penalty and resale $700, I am paying $1034 per year. So Circles Life does not work for me.
Thanks for reading!
