White gold chain

ForumRider

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
5,311
Reaction score
86
Hi all i m thinking of getting a white gold chain.
Should i go for luxury brand or local jewellery like lee hwa, gold heart?
I know some folks will auto think luxury is just to mark up price and sell.

My main concern is if there is any difference in their gold?
For example white gold 18k. Cartier can sell $8xx and local selling $5xx

Any thoughts?
 

DiYuSiShen

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2006
Messages
1,380
Reaction score
0
18k gold will still be 18k gold no matter the brand. Branded ones are more expensive because the jewelries are designed by their designer.
 

ForumRider

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
5,311
Reaction score
86
18k gold will still be 18k gold no matter the brand. Branded ones are more expensive because the jewelries are designed by their designer.

hey thanks for the reply.
I m new to this...so have many question on my head. :o

BTW is there any difference or grading in the gold quality?
I actually went cartier try their white gold necklace and it was quite heavy as i can feel the weight. And the price is sky high. I did not buy in the end.

On other hand Bvlgari's white gold necklace was quite affordable at $1-3K depending on the weight and thickness.

I saw some while gold necklace at jewellery shop like Lee Hwa, Gold Heart etc. Just thinking if I should get from them instead. Their price is less than $500 mostly for white gold 18K compared to thousands in luxury boutique..

Any thoughts or advice?
 

netzach

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2011
Messages
40,534
Reaction score
3,165
You should get a 18k white gold chrome hearts twist chain. :)
 

fusionz

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2003
Messages
1,841
Reaction score
1
hey thanks for the reply.
I m new to this...so have many question on my head. :o

BTW is there any difference or grading in the gold quality?
I actually went cartier try their white gold necklace and it was quite heavy as i can feel the weight. And the price is sky high. I did not buy in the end.

On other hand Bvlgari's white gold necklace was quite affordable at $1-3K depending on the weight and thickness.

I saw some while gold necklace at jewellery shop like Lee Hwa, Gold Heart etc. Just thinking if I should get from them instead. Their price is less than $500 mostly for white gold 18K compared to thousands in luxury boutique..

Any thoughts or advice?

If the design is not signature and no one can tell that it's from Cartier or Bvlgari from first look then what's the point? Like the above mentioned, 18k will be still be 18k gold. It's just the branding and design that differs.
 

netzach

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2011
Messages
40,534
Reaction score
3,165
any reason why? where is it selling?
got pic?

Thanks!

tumblr_n4cknktFAS1tr2c16o1_500.gif
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top