Who has register/pre-order S5?

[S5 Poll] Who has register/pre-order S5?

  • I have pre-ordered/registered!

    Votes: 13 23.6%
  • Not registered, but likely to buy later

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Not buying

    Votes: 39 70.9%

  • Total voters
    55

Hello_Kitty

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2000
Messages
31,591
Reaction score
15,395
Come and show your love! Who has registered or pre-ordered your S5?
 

crow_nest

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 5, 2004
Messages
1,415
Reaction score
648
Not buying. Samsung dropped the ball this time. Been using their phones since the S2 but the S5 Is epic disappoint, going over to Sony now.
 

kyleongwl

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2011
Messages
5,911
Reaction score
7
Register..kinda Samboi (flagship devices)
S2-S3-S4-S5
Note-Note 2-Note 3

However, also had XZU, HTC...
 

seeyourhead_jiejie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2007
Messages
13,104
Reaction score
0
Not buying. Samsung dropped the ball this time. Been using their phones since the S2 but the S5 Is epic disappoint, going over to Sony now.

Same.. Going to Sony. Just order Xperia Z2 from singtel.
Had been using Samsung from before s1 started.. Till s1,s2,s3,s4.
 

kyleongwl

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2011
Messages
5,911
Reaction score
7
Those going for Sony, a little advice. Get the magnetic cable..the flap will break due to frequent open...and that kills tye beauty of the phone
 

seeyourhead_jiejie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2007
Messages
13,104
Reaction score
0

BlitzStryker

Master Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2011
Messages
2,747
Reaction score
0
uLx80Fcl.jpg


[Product Review For Samsung Galaxy S5 & Gear Accessories] Once again the tech giant from Korea has unveil their new toys. Namely Samsung Galaxy S5, Gear 2 Neo, Gear 2 and Gear Fit. To be released on April 11, pre-order are available now.

Read below for more details.

QP4XiSbl.jpg

[Product Review For Samsung Galaxy S5 Part 1 Out Of 3]
5th generation of Smasung Galaxy series, the S5 LTE. To be released on April 11. It comes with 5.1inch of Super Amoled display. Looks good to me, nice saturation, contrast and lighting. Phone is rather light and feels comfortable in my hands.

Powered by the fastest processor, Snapdragon 801 of higher clockspeed and running on Android Kitkat 4.4.2. It is smooth and responsive, didnt experience much lag btw app transition and daily usage.

Camera is another strong feature on S5. Packed with 16megapixel! Currently the highest in Samsung phone! There are also 2 software features that kept me playing the most haha!

First is HDR mode. It captures natural light and color with much more intensity and detail. Making low-light shot more bright, making blur details more sharp, making colors more rich. End up playing with it and easily took many great shots with minimal effort!

Secondly is selective focus. It allows you to shift your focus on a specific area/object while blurring the rest. You can simply focus near/far or in generally without using an editing app to do so. Very interesting concept. Do play with it and you know what I meant haha.

kXljei4l.jpg

[Product Review For Samsung Galaxy S5 Part 2 Out Of 3]
Packed with many hardware goodies, the new Galaxy S5 also comes with many useful softwares. One of it is My Magazine. It offers news/magazines,books that are of your preference! Kinda keep me occupied with all the content that I will usually read elsewhere without having me to find it.

There is also a Ultra Power Saving Mode. In the picture, it is ard 82% battery level, if I switch it on, the S5 can last for 10days on black and white mode. Nonetheless the usual S5 battery of 2800mah will certainly be enough for you and prevent you from using this mode. Used for quite long and battery drop was consistently low to moderate.

For added security, the S5 also has finger-print scanner to unlock the screen. Really cool and useful! What's more, it can be used together with Paypal to make payment. Simple and quick!

cnnxxt5l.jpg

[Product Review For Samsung Galaxy S5 Part 3 Out Of 3]
Kids mode! End up playing at least 1 hour on it! It is built for kids. Comes with bright colors and cute design. Also consists of basic games and features like drawing/coloring, singing/recording, movie/video and camera. Kinda bring back the "Kids" mode in me haha.

Another thing that Samsung focuses on is Fitness! Comes with a heart-rate monitor! This is the first phone to have this feature! End up playing with it and forgotten to take photo. So sorry.

To use it, simply place your finger on a area behind the camera and it takes around 10 seconds to measure. The S5 also packed with many health, fitness tools like pedometer, calorie intake, physical activities tracking and etc. Time to train for my IPPT alr :D

[Samsung Connection Member] Photos and reviews by BlitzStryker
 

BlitzStryker

Master Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2011
Messages
2,747
Reaction score
0
Kns0N0hl.jpg

[Product Review For Gear 2/Gear 2 Neo/Gear Fit Part 1 Out Of 3]
New launch for Samsung new product line of smartwatches for Samsung smartphones. Comes in 3 variant, the Gear 2(with camera), Gear 2 Neo(without camera) and lastly Gear Fit.

The devices allow to make/receive calls/notification/messages just from your watch, make lazy an understatement haha. Guess it is more for usage during driving, running or etc.

It is also very nice looking and sleek. Nice toy to have on your hand. And it's light too. 1 thing I like was the screen. Was expecting it to have low resolution but the texts was sharp and clear. Color was v nice! Probably due to the Amoled screen that they are using.

zCJ9htHl.jpg

[Product Review For Gear 2/Gear 2 Neo Part 2 Out Of 3]
Basically the Gear 2 and Neo is more for business/causal usage. The design is really sleek and cool. As mentioned above, the screen is very bright, colorful and sharp for such a small screen. Great PLUS point for the watch!

Comes with mp3 player too. Can sync bascially almost any notifications you have on your phone. Allows you to quickly access notifications from your watch without taking your phone out from the pocket.

sCdEFPEl.jpg

[Product Review For Gear Fit Part 3 Out Of 3]
As the name mentioned, it is built more for physical activities. Definitely lighter and more compact the the other Gear 2, comes with water/dust resistance. So no worries during exercising. But for me, the watch is too beautiful to bring for exercising already haha.

Design wise, Samsung gets the point for all their Gear smartwatches. Definitely on par with the build/quality of $500 watches on the market. Except these comes with many tech goodies.

[Samsung Connection Member] Photos and reviews by BlitzStryker
 

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2004
Messages
15,732
Reaction score
485
I got the note3 instead, dont support overpriced items. since for me not much diff as i mainly call and msg nia. instagram etc.. seldom use cameras. redmi by right satisfy me liao but well just recon
 

Hello_Kitty

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2000
Messages
31,591
Reaction score
15,395
Those going for Sony, a little advice. Get the magnetic cable..the flap will break due to frequent open...and that kills tye beauty of the phone

I kinda worried about S5 flap too as it is the only to charge (without buying the wireless charger). For Z2, I am considering as I think I can charge without opening the flap by magnetic cable or the dock. Cheaper option than S5 wireless charger.

Also, I am worried about S5 removable battery, scared I didn't close properly; or the cover loosen or accidentally slightly opened and affect its water resistant, a false security.

Is my fear justifiable? Or I think too much???
 

BlitzStryker

Master Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2011
Messages
2,747
Reaction score
0
I kinda worried about S5 flap too as it is the only to charge (without buying the wireless charger). For Z2, I am considering as I think I can charge without opening the flap by magnetic cable or the dock. Cheaper option than S5 wireless charger.

Also, I am worried about S5 removable battery, scared I didn't close properly; or the cover loosen or accidentally slightly opened and affect its water resistant, a false security.

Is my fear justifiable? Or I think too much???

Haha dun think too much abt it. The phone will inform you if the cover isn't close. Quite smart. Actually most users will unlikely use the water resistant unless you often sweat with the phone like exercising or keep dropping in toilet or etc.
 

BlitzStryker

Master Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2011
Messages
2,747
Reaction score
0
Is the interface getting more and more cartoony? :s22:

Actually got more design, those were default. Lazy to change. Nonetheless the screen was kinda above my expectations. Was expecting smth average but the amoled did work its magic haha.
 

Wayne77

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2002
Messages
709
Reaction score
13
I have pre-ordered. Going from HTC 1X->Nokia Windows->Z1->ip5s->Samsung S5 next, as far as I can recall. Worst phone I had recently was The HTC which was supposed to be the Win 8 signature phone. It was full of reliability issue. If not because of S5 have IP67, I would have go for the Z2, for I always answer call while in a bath tub. :)
 

Paul_Yeo

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2000
Messages
6,897
Reaction score
0
I have pre-ordered. Going from HTC 1X->Nokia Windows->Z1->ip5s->Samsung S5 next, as far as I can recall. Worst phone I had recently was The HTC which was supposed to be the Win 8 signature phone. It was full of reliability issue. If not because of S5 have IP67, I would have go for the Z2, for I always answer call while in a bath tub. :)

Wow, you seemed to have tried every brand! By the way S5 is IP67, a lower water resistant rating than Z2 IP58. FYI.

Added in the source for the IP rating explanation here: http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/waterproof-phones-ip-ratings-explained
 
Last edited:

Computeron

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
19,945
Reaction score
1,720
already using it...
s4+the colourful diamond wallpaper.
will hoot the back blue "handyplus" texture backCOVER.
=S5
 

Paul_Yeo

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2000
Messages
6,897
Reaction score
0
Actually got more design, those were default. Lazy to change. Nonetheless the screen was kinda above my expectations. Was expecting smth average but the amoled did work its magic haha.

Since you got chance to try, how's the fingerprint sensor? is it as good as Apple's? My wife enjoys using her fingerprint sensor on her iPhone 5S, now she will think my iPad mini also got fingerprint sensor :s13:
 

BlitzStryker

Master Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2011
Messages
2,747
Reaction score
0
Since you got chance to try, how's the fingerprint sensor? is it as good as Apple's? My wife enjoys using her fingerprint sensor on her iPhone 5S, now she will think my iPad mini also got fingerprint sensor :s13:

I didn't personally tried apple but I saw it before. Shd be the same as S5. Quite responsive except the s5 is larger in dimension, quite difficult to finger scan with 1hand since the button is at the btm of the screen.

Likely to use 2hand to finger scan or risking dropping the phone haha.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top