Why are some photos auto deleted?

gkhchay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2007
Messages
20,555
Reaction score
121
Folks,

I need some advice; I often save photos from Facebook & Whatsapp messages into my camera roll & they appear in All Photos.

But after a few days to a week, they are auto deleted! How can I prevent this? Are there any settings that I need to change? Photos taken by my own phone aren't affected though.

I'm using an iPhone 6+ on iOS 10.3.3.

Thanks in advance.
 

gkhchay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2007
Messages
20,555
Reaction score
121
No, I have only one iPhone, no other iDevices & only I can access my iPhone & iCloud.

Moreover I've changed the password of the Apple ID, and my wife doesn't know it.
 

icyflame

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,797
Reaction score
277
No, I have only one iPhone, no other iDevices & only I can access my iPhone & iCloud.

Moreover I've changed the password of the Apple ID, and my wife doesn't know it.

Did u check your deleted folder? Pics will remain there for 30 days
 

nicepal

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2004
Messages
860
Reaction score
0
I only know Message has setting for Auto Delete after certain days. Photos never heard of.

Unless is those photos set to upload under "My Photo Stream" or "iCloud Photo Library", this maybe delete off when using other device while deleted from other device... If you said you only have single iDevice and no such setting done. I would suggest contact their online help first or make a trip to their service centre.
 

revogsx

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2008
Messages
731
Reaction score
0
I think there is no app that can delete in ios photo album (All photos).

The only way to delete those photo are via:
1. manual delete from iphone
2. icloud login via browser
3. another ios device using icloud id

not sure about iOS 10 if above is still valid.

are you sure only you can use your iphone? your wife putting your thumb while you are asleep? :)
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top