Why Bitcoin will fail

hmsweethm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You know the investment universe doesn't consist of just BTC right? There's also real estate, stocks, bonds, commodities, etc, there are many other asset classes to invest in.
But how many gets u more than 10times returns? To get 10times in those stuff, how much capital do u need to plunge in?

d5dude

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But how many gets u more than 10times returns? To get 10times in those stuff, how much capital do u need to plunge in?

There are always penny stocks or meme stocks if you want that kind of returns, BTC is neither the first nor the only speculative asset in existence, there are many ways to get rich (or poor) if you have the stomach for such high risks.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You know the investment universe doesn't consist of just BTC right? There's also real estate, stocks, bonds, commodities, etc, there are many other asset classes to invest in.

Yeah so you think zero into cryptos is the correct answer?

Why can't someone spread into the various assets?

jack-320

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have found that

when a particular asset rises, it comes with loads of crap with supporting evidence to justify their article

when a particular asset sinks, it also comes with loads of crap with supporting evidence to justify their article

sure Bitcoin has the good and the bad

like need regulation, can be used for money laundering etc

but at the end of the day

did you gain or lose money from that particular asset? And did you do homework before proceeding?

or because FOMO?

d5dude

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah so you think zero into cryptos is the correct answer?

Why can't someone spread into the various assets?

That wasn't what I said.

hmsweethm implied that investors with no money in crypto or are bearish on crypto must be BBFAs (EDMW lingo for poor and fat single guy), I said this is obviously false because there are many other ways to invest or speculate for high returns.

hmsweethm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There are always penny stocks or meme stocks if you want that kind of returns, BTC is neither the first nor the only speculative asset in existence, there are many ways to get rich (or poor) if you have the stomach for such high risks.
Yup. I’m ready to lose my principal & losing it will not make me poor too. It’s the amount I can stomach. I’ve not study on penny stocks cos Subconconciously feel that penny has higher risk and wolves of Wall Street movie.
I would say the btc and some of the crypto are the blue chips of the cryptocurrency.

I bought eth at 400+usd. If I sold off during the recent peak, I would have made 10x. Being humans, I’m greedy and not in need of money. So I just put there and wait, see that as my super enhanced cpf.

We invest our own money but we always get many 事後孔明 people come out and laugh at people’s loss. I think these people spend their lives sitting on the fence watching/gambling without losing money. That way they dun lose any money but win by seeing people’s loss.

little pupsky

Reaction score
Yup. I haven’t seen much.
can quote some examples?
A relative of mine brought a freehold property in a good location in SG in the 1980s and that property is currently valued at around 10x his purchase price. There are more such examples around.

Just to be clear. I’m not dissing crypto. I have a small allocation to it in my portfolio as well. To me, getting outsized returns is often a function of risk appetite, time horizon (and the corresponding willingness to be patient), and of course luck.

d5dude

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
We invest our own money but we always get many 事後孔明 people come out and laugh at people’s loss.

But neither TS nor anyone on this thread is laughing at people's losses... even the author of the FSM article wasn't mocking anyone, its does seem a little shallow since he doesnt appear to understand DeFi, but there are some valid points in the article.

d5dude

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To me, getting outsized returns is often a function of risk appetite, time horizon (and the corresponding willingness to be patient), and of course luck.

Exactly. To get "big" returns one must definitely have the stomach for big losses as well, there is no free lunch.

gold_eagle36

Reaction score
A relative of mine brought a freehold property in a good location in SG in the 1980s and that property is currently valued at around 10x his purchase price. There are more such examples around.

Just to be clear. I’m not dissing crypto. I have a small allocation to it in my portfolio as well. To me, getting outsized returns is often a function of risk appetite, time horizon (and the corresponding willingness to be patient), and of course luck.
That's like 6% annualised. Considering the interest rate in the 80s, it's more or less market returns.

RouK3ziLa

Master Member
Reaction score
But sire ... if relative bought index funds .. that value could have at least 50x currently with compound returns of 10%

little pupsky

Reaction score
But sire ... if relative bought index funds .. that value could have at least 50x currently with compound returns of 10%
The point was never property investment is better than stocks, or vice versa.

And look, some fella upthread doubted that property can increase by 10x. So I’m merely giving him an example of how it can! Geesh.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.