Why Bitcoin will fail

bigdog

Reaction score
TS is so wrong. He's forgotten that BTC, ETH and the like are cryptoASSETS, not currencies. Just like gold and silver, you don't use them to buy food or properties like you would today using fiat money.

junlove

Master Member
Reaction score
it will not 'fail' to zero. but it will most likely rise and fall with huge volatility.

it is supposed to fail based on fundamentals, or lack of. but 'thanks' to democracy or the lack of regulations... it continues to exist.

Huge percentage of bitcoin is owned by a minority or whales, so if you don't know what it means, and believe it's an alternative currency, suit yourself. It's just... another 'asset' for pple to play with, albeit it's virtual, and very very unstable.

junlove

Master Member
Reaction score
also... with Elon Musk 'cult-like' era... unreasonable P/E, meme stocks, crypto.. all in crazy mode...

arowana9

Reaction score
TS is so wrong. He's forgotten that BTC, ETH and the like are cryptoASSETS, not currencies. Just like gold and silver, you don't use them to buy food or properties like you would today using fiat money.
All these bitcoins & shitcoins etc sound like some ponzi scheme like tulips speculation to me, no real value but make money by selling to next greater fool!

kimsix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my confusion with bitcoins and other coins as assets...

-anyone with programming skills, computer and internet, can create their own coins..

-bitcoins and coins are supposed to be limited in supplies, but they can still be sub-divided and sold...

so how valuable are they outside for tulip schemes? :s11:

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my confusion with bitcoins and other coins as assets...

-anyone with programming skills, computer and internet, can create their own coins..

-bitcoins and coins are supposed to be limited in supplies, but they can still be sub-divided and sold...

so how valuable are they outside for tulip schemes? :s11:
Network effect

still same amount.

Chavvo

Reaction score
I mean it's a coinflip play for young people like me. Hold 10 years+ and see result. If turn out good, then great. If turn out bad, then won't lose much also still got long road ahead. The technology behind Bitcoin is interesting and undeniable one of its kind. Also, if crypto does get adopted mainstream, it will be another option when investing where liquidity can flow to.

little pupsky

Reaction score
If one understands the technology and the use case involved, it's less of a coin flip. Still risky yes, but at least more calculated risk-taking.

Bitcoin, to me, doesn't serve as a cryptocurrency, more as a crypto asset, akin to digital gold or art. As for the alt-coins I won't bother with the vast majority of them, but Ethereum/ether has promising use cases, growing institutional adoption and, together with bitcoin, currently command the strongest network effects, as reddevil mentioned upthread.

zoneguard

Reaction score
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/d...-scam-to-help-the-rich-get-richer-11626310808“After years of studying it, I believe that cryptocurrency is an inherently right-wing, hyper-capitalistic technology built primarily to amplify the wealth of its proponents through a combination of tax avoidance, diminished regulatory oversight and artificially enforced scarcity.”

https://www.bis.org/publ/arpdf/ar2021e3.htm
"By now, it is clear that cryptocurrencies are speculative assets rather than money, and in many cases are used to facilitate money laundering, ransomware attacks and other financial crimes.4 Bitcoin in particular has few redeeming public interest attributes when also considering its wasteful energy footprint.5

Stablecoins attempt to import credibility by being backed by real currencies. As such, these are only as good as the governance behind the promise of the backing.6 They also have the potential to fragment the liquidity of the monetary system and detract from the role of money as a coordination device. In any case, to the extent that the purported backing involves conventional money, stablecoins are ultimately only an appendage to the conventional monetary system and not a game changer."

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
It is based on speculation. Just 1 tweet is enough to skyrocket the prices or destroy the prices.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.