Why Hobby point staff so EMO?

TangTank

Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2007
Messages
263
Reaction score
0
today I went to Hobby point suntec, planning to get some paints. When i was there, the staff keep staring at me and the cctv like i am some thief. And he does not look friendly at all. I felt uncomfortable and decided to go to another hobby point.

I then went to hobby point tiong bahru plaza. This time the staff is even more worst, everytime i asked something, he replied with a bad attitude and the face he gave me was like i owe him something. He too, keep staring at the cctv. In the end i bought a few bottles of paint but the staff still showed attitude.

anyone experienced the same thing? I'm not ever going to hobby point again...
 

ongkh2000

Master Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2004
Messages
3,318
Reaction score
0
today I went to Hobby point suntec, planning to get some paints. When i was there, the staff keep staring at me and the cctv like i am some thief. And he does not look friendly at all. I felt uncomfortable and decided to go to another hobby point.

I then went to hobby point tiong bahru plaza. This time the staff is even more worst, everytime i asked something, he replied with a bad attitude and the face he gave me was like i owe him something. He too, keep staring at the cctv. In the end i bought a few bottles of paint but the staff still showed attitude.

anyone experienced the same thing? I'm not ever going to hobby point again...

if i were you, im there to get my stuff then i'll just leave lor. dn have to care whether the staff face black anot. i usually go there take a look at the kits, then grab my stuff(usually paint), pay and leave. yes, i agree with what you said. dont take it to heart.
 

Spector1986

Master Member
Joined
May 16, 2008
Messages
4,824
Reaction score
0
They r all like that.. Only the aunty at century square is friendly.. Their paints r quite dried up too.. That's y I only purchase from HaG or mws if possible.. Haha..
 

TangTank

Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2007
Messages
263
Reaction score
0
You are so right, 2 out of the 3 bottles of paint I bought are dried up. I'll not going hobby point again. :/
 

kentcalvin

Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2011
Messages
416
Reaction score
0
The one above Carrefour at suntec? the last time i went that there was a male staff, he was friendly on my visit and even offered friendly tips when i asked.
Could be just a bad day? :spin:
 

noForm

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2005
Messages
528
Reaction score
0
today I went to Hobby point suntec, planning to get some paints. When i was there, the staff keep staring at me and the cctv like i am some thief. And he does not look friendly at all. I felt uncomfortable and decided to go to another hobby point.

I then went to hobby point tiong bahru plaza. This time the staff is even more worst, everytime i asked something, he replied with a bad attitude and the face he gave me was like i owe him something. He too, keep staring at the cctv. In the end i bought a few bottles of paint but the staff still showed attitude.

anyone experienced the same thing? I'm not ever going to hobby point again...

Eh bro, I go every forum u also post this u trying to whack/harm/demoralise HobbyPoint staff reputation issit? I am in fact defending for all local hobby shops in Singapore, u know how many closed down in the past 10 years, due to unappreciative customers? Why not be fair and you post your comments to HobbyPoint email. Let u buy stuff give 20% still want to hiam? The action if u post in HMZ PUBLIC ONE LEH you no difference from stomper... come on la bro "Respect".
 

freshmeat81

Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2009
Messages
347
Reaction score
0
To be fair, its hard to "respect" a business when none has been shown to the customer.

The ONLY reason a hobby shop can thrive is through excellent customer service, especially when hobbyists can get much better prices elsewhere.

That said, if you don't like their service, tell it to their face rather than bash them online. How to improve if they don't know?
 

tarui04

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2004
Messages
64,437
Reaction score
1,782
it's true what.
there's a guy sometimes at tiong bahru always damn attitude 1.
 

Knightrider3K

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2008
Messages
16,779
Reaction score
6
today I went to Hobby point suntec, planning to get some paints. When i was there, the staff keep staring at me and the cctv like i am some thief. And he does not look friendly at all. I felt uncomfortable and decided to go to another hobby point.

I then went to hobby point tiong bahru plaza. This time the staff is even more worst, everytime i asked something, he replied with a bad attitude and the face he gave me was like i owe him something. He too, keep staring at the cctv. In the end i bought a few bottles of paint but the staff still showed attitude.

anyone experienced the same thing? I'm not ever going to hobby point again...
Just relax lah.

Maybe the staff had a bad day? dun think those who work there are paid a lot to begin wif.

But to be honest, i experience bad & good service in the all hobby shops, even HAG & MWS. It just depends on who you speak to.
 

Blusttoy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2011
Messages
14,257
Reaction score
1,422
Probably one of the reasons why I like the Tiong Bahru branch most since when you're at the Gunpla corridor, you can immerse yourself without noticing the staff. Even though he's intently looking at the CCTV =:p

The fact that they stock Mr Hobby and Gundam color spraycans is why I frequent them.
 

Hinata76

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2002
Messages
26,225
Reaction score
0
its true....

seems that they got the same working attitude..

aiya..just grab wat u need and go off lor.
 

Hinata76

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2002
Messages
26,225
Reaction score
0
one at sunshine plaza..the gundam shop..specky guy quite friendly...yes..century square auntie is friendly..the male SA looks noob...asked him about some articulated hands etc..replied like..huh..whats that...end i look around myself...
 

chilla18

Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2007
Messages
224
Reaction score
2
I was with my son at the suntech shop the guy really cannot make it as there is a few packet of Lego poly bag there when I was going thru what are the different poly bag they have as you know the place was quite therefore the plastic do make some noise and you know what he ask me to be gentle (I was gentle) with the bag if not the Lego will break inside and I was thinking WTF.

On another occasion my son brought a Box of bettle figure and when we were at toys r us he ope n up the Box to see the figure and found one of the leg broken and we went back to the shop to ask for a exchange and the same guy ask did we break the leg which I insist that no when we open up the leg is already break and this time he ask where is the broken leg we told him that when we open up it is already not there and he told me to go take another box (only 1 more box left) this time I told him that I will open in front of him as I want to make sure the figure inside is intact.

When i open the box he ask me why i tear open the box as he has a way to open the box without tearing it again i was wtf i pay for it why can't i tear the box and also wondering why he wants the box to be open without tearing it. True enough when I open one of the battle leg was also broken and I told him it is the same the next surprise I got was he told me he can help me to stick it back I was again WTF, I told him as the leg is very small there is no way he can stick it back even if he can the thing may still drop off and at this moment he say I should not have broken it cause after he stick it back he can put back inside the box again and I was shock again in my mind I'm thinking is he going to sell it to someone again as I suspect the 2 boxes that I got was what happen.

I understand that in the last few years a no. Of the shop has close down if you look at it, it is the market in Singapore is too small and children now a day prefer to play Xbox, PS 3 than to try out modeling kit. Another reason is like the attitude of the guy at suntech that makes customer like me to adviod this shop.

I would prefer to go to M workshop at sunshine cause they have a lot of kits there and the guy is friendly (100 times more friendly than phooey point staff).

This is my 2 cents worth of comments.

one at sunshine plaza..the gundam shop..specky guy quite friendly...yes..century square auntie is friendly..the male SA looks noob...asked him about some articulated hands etc..replied like..huh..whats that...end i look around myself...
 

Hinata76

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2002
Messages
26,225
Reaction score
0
I was with my son at the suntech shop the guy really cannot make it as there is a few packet of Lego poly bag there when I was going thru what are the different poly bag they have as you know the place was quite therefore the plastic do make some noise and you know what he ask me to be gentle (I was gentle) with the bag if not the Lego will break inside and I was thinking WTF.

On another occasion my son brought a Box of bettle figure and when we were at toys r us he ope n up the Box to see the figure and found one of the leg broken and we went back to the shop to ask for a exchange and the same guy ask did we break the leg which I insist that no when we open up the leg is already break and this time he ask where is the broken leg we told him that when we open up it is already not there and he told me to go take another box (only 1 more box left) this time I told him that I will open in front of him as I want to make sure the figure inside is intact.

When i open the box he ask me why i tear open the box as he has a way to open the box without tearing it again i was wtf i pay for it why can't i tear the box and also wondering why he wants the box to be open without tearing it. True enough when I open one of the battle leg was also broken and I told him it is the same the next surprise I got was he told me he can help me to stick it back I was again WTF, I told him as the leg is very small there is no way he can stick it back even if he can the thing may still drop off and at this moment he say I should not have broken it cause after he stick it back he can put back inside the box again and I was shock again in my mind I'm thinking is he going to sell it to someone again as I suspect the 2 boxes that I got was what happen.

I understand that in the last few years a no. Of the shop has close down if you look at it, it is the market in Singapore is too small and children now a day prefer to play Xbox, PS 3 than to try out modeling kit. Another reason is like the attitude of the guy at suntech that makes customer like me to adviod this shop.

I would prefer to go to M workshop at sunshine cause they have a lot of kits there and the guy is friendly (100 times more friendly than phooey point staff).

This is my 2 cents worth of comments.
suntec shop is which one? been some time didnt go there already..
 

Gunplamaker

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2014
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Gunpla

@hinata76
The guy at century square is not noob....
Probably didn't listen properly or with like that
He is a winner in the gunpla competition
 

tErOn

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2002
Messages
5,163
Reaction score
0
yah i noticed both places all bin chao chao..oni the auntie at CS is friendly..she was from Kovan outlet until it closed..
 

gentoro

Master Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2004
Messages
4,475
Reaction score
9
Survival of these shop entirely depend on employer and employee. They are selling a service - they do not make those kits and create those paint.

Reason why staff bin chao chao at patron could be many reasons which we dun know. But both suntec & TB Hobby point guys are seriously needing a wake up call. For us, we peasant dun know the boss of hobby point but we would surely inform him/her abt the staff.

Seriously both outlet staff attitude are lousy - I dare to say so myself it totally put me off my buying mood even I dun need help and look ard myself.

For us in HWZ is a plc for ranting and commenting - usually with ground. We aint so evil to force the shop to close down. What will it benefit to us if say hobby point closed both outlet? Nothing and lesser option for us to go buy paint or kit. Chilled and relax, if it really closed down, definitely we are not the root cause of it.
 
Last edited:

tankfuzz

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2014
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
look if only you got to know the staff then you would not think they have a bad attitude. I have talked to the staff at tiong bahru and its was not bad...
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top