Why is my IP banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidPeel

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2019
Messages
96
Reaction score
0
Am using TPG 4G sim card and was informed my IP is being banned. Still have no idea why. Didn't break any rules or did anything wrong.

No explanation was given and writing in to the administrators seem to be ignored as there was no reply and nothing done for so many days.

It becomes inconvenient as the forums becomes inaccessible when I'm off wifi.

Can someone enlighten me please?
 

Intrinion

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Dec 15, 2012
Messages
36,431
Reaction score
3,250
Could we check on what account you were using prior? - and on the status of it
( banned / suspended etc)

Am using TPG 4G sim card and was informed my IP is being banned. Still have no idea why. Didn't break any rules or did anything wrong.

No explanation was given and writing in to the administrators seem to be ignored as there was no reply and nothing done for so many days.

It becomes inconvenient as the forums becomes inaccessible when I'm off wifi.

Can someone enlighten me please?
 

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
28,167
Reaction score
3,135
Oh gosh.
This looks difficult to troubleshoot.

Could you do us a favour to take note of the IP address you're connected to - screenshot for reference, get back on Wi-Fi and then PM me this information?

I can then check against the IP ban list - it could be a recycled IP for which we've long blacklisted for an issue with someone else.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
 

Milo T-REX

Suspended
Joined
Jan 30, 2018
Messages
530
Reaction score
0
Am using TPG 4G sim card and was informed my IP is being banned. Still have no idea why. Didn't break any rules or did anything wrong.

No explanation was given and writing in to the administrators seem to be ignored as there was no reply and nothing done for so many days.

It becomes inconvenient as the forums becomes inaccessible when I'm off wifi.

Can someone enlighten me please?

1) Would be helpful if you can provide a screenshot of error message.
2) Did you send to membership@hardwarezone.com.sg? I did not see your email in the inbox.
 

DavidPeel

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2019
Messages
96
Reaction score
0
1) Would be helpful if you can provide a screenshot of error message.
2) Did you send to membership@hardwarezone.com.sg? I did not see your email in the inbox.

I didn't have a screenshot. It stated that my IP is banned and I could contact the administrator here <--- link

I clicked the link and send a message much like a PM. And no replies since. Tried a few times so I decided to come here instead.

I think Dr.Vijay has helped me cleared the IP address already and I am able to surf HWZ forums on my TPG now. Thank you!
 

Basking123

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2006
Messages
773
Reaction score
0
My IP address also banned.... For no apparent reason....

Have not access the forum for sometime and yesterday discovered it is banned.

could admin check pls....

Edit: home BB IP....currently using my mobile 4G to access.
 

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
28,167
Reaction score
3,135
Hi Basking123,

Can you connect back to your home BB, get your IP address (also check if by chance your forum access works again), switch back to your mobile 4G and drop me a PM with your IP address?

I'll then check if it's part of an existing list of IP bans that weren't lifted.

Thank you.
 

beano

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
52,593
Reaction score
3,271
I think IP ban is not the way to go, IP changes most of the time..
 

zuppeur

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2011
Messages
15,682
Reaction score
2,933
Using tpg sim card and ip is banned.
Tried multiple browser and flush the cache,the problem still exist
No issue with hwz when using singtel network

Can someone pls help?


Decimal: 3523871248

Hostname: 210.10.2.16

ASN: 4817

ISP: TPG Internet

Organization: TPG Internet

Type: Wireless Broadband

Assignment: Likely Static IP

Continent: Asia

Country: Singapore
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top