Wifi help for Reservist/ICT usage

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2013
Messages
8,082
Reaction score
463
BTW is anyone using this TPG 30 days 50GB data for only $10 mobile plan during reservist?

https://www.tpgmobile.sg/?gclid=Cjw...ezwx6OdtgMJ5yBsMzHyjNmRevMjltf_hoCUaEQAvD_BwE

I am going back for reservist from late oct to mid nov and I am thinking of getting some temporary mobile data plan as I have only 2GB of data for my current mobile plan and everytime I go back to reservist for sure my data usage will shot up as I am required to stay in and can only book out on Friday evenings for my ICT.

Not all camps have TPG infrastructure, so no guarantees you can use.
 

Byfrost

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2012
Messages
1,337
Reaction score
145
BTW is anyone using this TPG 30 days 50GB data for only $10 mobile plan during reservist?

https://www.tpgmobile.sg/?gclid=Cjw...ezwx6OdtgMJ5yBsMzHyjNmRevMjltf_hoCUaEQAvD_BwE

I am going back for reservist from late oct to mid nov and I am thinking of getting some temporary mobile data plan as I have only 2GB of data for my current mobile plan and everytime I go back to reservist for sure my data usage will shot up as I am required to stay in and can only book out on Friday evenings for my ICT.

Get Singtel Tourist SIM, $30 (I think only the $30 version can be topped up to extend validity) if you know there's a chance for some reason you will be stuck in camp and not book out the entire duration

If you can 100% confirm can book out during Friday evenings, then go for the $12 that is valid for 7 days, before book in buy another one. Can take a look at StarHub $12 tourist SIM as well.
 

Byfrost

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2012
Messages
1,337
Reaction score
145
BTW is anyone using this TPG 30 days 50GB data for only $10 mobile plan during reservist?

https://www.tpgmobile.sg/?gclid=Cjw...ezwx6OdtgMJ5yBsMzHyjNmRevMjltf_hoCUaEQAvD_BwE

I am going back for reservist from late oct to mid nov and I am thinking of getting some temporary mobile data plan as I have only 2GB of data for my current mobile plan and everytime I go back to reservist for sure my data usage will shot up as I am required to stay in and can only book out on Friday evenings for my ICT.

Not all camps have TPG infrastructure, so no guarantees you can use.

Have a friend at Sungei Gedong as well. Last year he tried to bring in TPG free SIM card to use for reservist. Phone shows as "No Service". :s13:

Maybe this year they could have signal? Still a gamble.
 

Chao_Ah_Tiong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2018
Messages
6,497
Reaction score
28
Thank you everyone for the suggestion. :)

Think I will give TPG a miss as my reservist will be at Sungei Gedong. And I am now considering the Giga 6GB for $10 per month plan as from my previous experiences 6GB should be enough to cover my high key ICT. Their current 40GB for $18 promotion might be more than enough for me and I generally don't use much mobile data outside ICT.
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top