Hey guys, i failed one of my modules and have to remod for another semester. Meaning that I will finish my poly in September 2020. However, my poly graduation is on april 2021. Will NS enlist me after april 2021 or after september 2020? I hoping they would enlist me so I dont have to idle for half a year more.
For your case, assuming everything goes smoothly from now on, around 2 weeks after your last Poly exam in August, which is around now next year, probably in early September you will receive the enlistment letter.
Whereas you will receive your Poly results that show "Awarded Diploma" in middle of September, usual period when exam results is released.
Your enlistment would be in November.
As for graduation, if you are in active unit, you can forget it. Because,
November 20 to March 21 you have PTP and BMT.
(November 20 to March 21 if you fail IPPT or did not attempt IPPT, otherwise, January 21 to March 21 if you pass IPPT)
After you posted to unit in March 21, you have "vocation induction programme" (not sure what's the official name, but for mine is called "trades phase"), from March 21 to May 21.
And after May 21 to November 21 you have outfields (field camps) all the way.
Basically, if you are in active unit, your unit most probably won't let you take off to attend graduation ceremony, as the May period of first year is filled with unit induction programme.
Reason they give is: unlike university interview, which they give people off to attend, university interview can only be done once, if missed there goes the opportunity, but poly graduation can ownself go to the poly for photo taking on your own at a later date. (which I did)
Anyway, don't think so much. Just focus on your diploma. The academic results is more important than the graduation ceremony, which is only for show only.
And, I don't think I need to say that completing the diploma in 7 semesters is better than completing the diploma in 8 semesters, as the cGPA would be higher.
Yeah.