Will the Gold Rush Persist

royalmix

Master Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2016
Messages
4,255
Reaction score
1,261
Physical gold is buy and keep hodl. (Buy/sell spread bohua)

Wana buy/sell, use gold etf or simply ocbc/uob PM acct
Last time buy to look stylo, now become accidental investment. Never wear already, just sitting there collecting value. Gold price so high now, time (not yet hit my target) to cash out before it starts collecting dust and regrets. :LOL:
 

Lighthand

Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2005
Messages
199
Reaction score
61
You are thinking about selling, not buying.

Last night, hit 3700 (spot price)!

I am also waiting to sell my holdings

Today's news, corruption, so much gold holdings, I heard even own a jewellery shop ("They then used the money to open a gold shop and buy a luxury car, according to a TikTok post by the MACC.") . Time to go out for my morning walk!
Yep. I'm thinking of liquidating part of my gold holdings and flipping it to a couple of interesting new startups I've been eyeing for awhile.

But I keep hesitating cause every time I want to sell I see the price go higher. I know it's my greed in action, but let's be honest who does not want to maximize their returns.
 

DevilPlate

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2020
Messages
12,236
Reaction score
5,155
Yep. I'm thinking of liquidating part of my gold holdings and flipping it to a couple of interesting new startups I've been eyeing for awhile.

But I keep hesitating cause every time I want to sell I see the price go higher. I know it's my greed in action, but let's be honest who does not want to maximize their returns.
Since u already know whats yr next pot of gold is (new startups), whats stopping u?

Gold already jump a fair bit past 1yr…..unlikely to repeat such gains for another year.
 

DevilPlate

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2020
Messages
12,236
Reaction score
5,155
as long as TIPS yield go down , gold will go up
Not very strong correlation imo.

previous 8-10years Gold bear market was during very low interest rates environment.

I believe the narrative for Gold is Central banks buying plus distrust of fiat currencies.
 

Lighthand

Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2005
Messages
199
Reaction score
61
Since u already know whats yr next pot of gold is (new startups), whats stopping u?

Gold already jump a fair bit past 1yr…..unlikely to repeat such gains for another year.
a) The startups are 50/50 investments considering two of them are at Series A and the remining one at Seed. I mostly evaluate startups investments opportunities I've been invited to as 30% or less. Hence it's more a calculated gamble than than pure investment based on charts/P&L/news releases/etc. with pretty high chance of losing the entire investment.
b) I have a nagging feeling that the Feds are going to more dovish than expected. If I'm right and they signal that in their announcement, it'll give gold prices tailwind to touch USD130/g (or even test 140).

Above are my personal reasons. But every investors have their own strategy and methods, and I'm too much of a noob to comment.

Just started this tread to hear different opinions (will persist or not) as well as the justification.
 

Zorroh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2011
Messages
6,248
Reaction score
4,410
Without a single doubt, gold will continue to rise as long as money can be printed freely as fiat currencies.
You can ask this question again after gold reaches 10k per ounce as nothing will go up in price forever.
 

fire

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2000
Messages
33,919
Reaction score
8,935
b) I have a nagging feeling that the Feds are going to more dovish than expected. If I'm right and they signal that in their announcement, it'll give gold prices tailwind to touch USD130/g (or even test 140).

Today rise like crazy... Should be testing usd130/g very soon
 

lousylah

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2008
Messages
1,405
Reaction score
272
Collective CenBank buying is too formidable a force, and they are unlikely to be selling (in near term).

there just isn’t any equivalent force one can think of on the other side of the trade to push prices back down.

us small time retail investors, holders can only tag along for the ride.
 

Lighthand

Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2005
Messages
199
Reaction score
61
Collective CenBank buying is too formidable a force, and they are unlikely to be selling (in near term).

there just isn’t any equivalent force one can think of on the other side of the trade to push prices back down.

us small time retail investors, holders can only tag along for the ride.
The trend is not as steep for the past couple of days, but it's still trending up.

Looks like the major players are still not in the mood to sell...

Too bad countries don't publish their gold holdings :ROFLMAO:
 

DevilPlate

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2020
Messages
12,236
Reaction score
5,155
The trend is not as steep for the past couple of days, but it's still trending up.

Looks like the major players are still not in the mood to sell...

Too bad countries don't publish their gold holdings :ROFLMAO:
A small probability that we are heading towards stagflationary environment where PM continues to perform well.
 

Purplestars

Banned
Joined
Feb 4, 2005
Messages
5,265
Reaction score
759
Anything goes up will come down. I believe it'll come down at some point of time but in long long run especially for ppl to own it to pass down generations, it'll be up and up. This my personal belief.
Can your age come down after it goes up?

Without a single doubt, gold will continue to rise as long as money can be printed freely as fiat currencies.
You can ask this question again after gold reaches 10k per ounce as nothing will go up in price forever.

I think the misunderstanding here is that the value of gold is rising. It is not. It is the value of currency that is going down, and it can continue to go down forever.

The price of SGD in gold has been falling and will keep on falling going forward.
 

Zorroh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2011
Messages
6,248
Reaction score
4,410
Can your age come down after it goes up?



I think the misunderstanding here is that the value of gold is rising. It is not. It is the value of currency that is going down, and it can continue to go down forever.

The price of SGD in gold has been falling and will keep on falling going forward.
Yes, fiat currencies are intrinsically worthless. Singapore dollar is also pegged to basket of fiat currencies.
 

DevilPlate

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2020
Messages
12,236
Reaction score
5,155
SGD one of the strongest currency thats why Gold isn’t so appealing to Singaporeans compared to let say Malaysians/Indians etc
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top