Windows Restrictor / Hidden Locks

kykyre

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2020
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hi All,
i would like to ask the parents on here who installed windows restrictor/hidden locks instead of grilles, i am wondering that if it is a safe alternative?

Would kindly hope for some review or opinions on this issue.

Thank you very much.
 

IAmZlatan

Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2018
Messages
197
Reaction score
18
Hi All,
i would like to ask the parents on here who installed windows restrictor/hidden locks instead of grilles, i am wondering that if it is a safe alternative?

Would kindly hope for some review or opinions on this issue.

Thank you very much.

I use them.

They are more pleasant looking than grilles but the window can only be opened by a small gap hence less wind can come in. (It was a lot smaller than I expected when I first installed.) Smaller gap also means less insects can fly in lah.

Grilles can open the window bigger. I see my neighbours hang clothes on the grilles to dry... Useful but unsightly in my opinion.

My advice is still to install mosquito screen since now a lot of dengue cases.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top