Winter wear

TimberWolfMk2

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2011
Messages
83
Reaction score
3
Will be headed to Sydney and Auckland next week, and I heard the winter nights can get pretty cold. Any suggestions where I can find cheap winter coats in SG? I'm thinking of something along the lines of a pea coat. Or does it make more sense to buy in Oz/NZ?
 

JDelphiNet

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2001
Messages
10,923
Reaction score
0
Will be headed to Sydney and Auckland next week, and I heard the winter nights can get pretty cold. Any suggestions where I can find cheap winter coats in SG? I'm thinking of something along the lines of a pea coat. Or does it make more sense to buy in Oz/NZ?
I was told winter wear stuff are much pricier in Sydney than in Singapore. Thus as early as 3 months ago, we started grabbing some from UniQlo and online shops (amazon, under armour etc).

Try the Universal Traveller and Winter Time outlets in Changi City Point or IMM. You might find a good deal or 2.

BTW, we'll be Sydney next week too. The weather forecast seem to be 11 deg lowest for next week.
 

fusionz

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2003
Messages
1,841
Reaction score
1
Will be headed to Sydney and Auckland next week, and I heard the winter nights can get pretty cold. Any suggestions where I can find cheap winter coats in SG? I'm thinking of something along the lines of a pea coat. Or does it make more sense to buy in Oz/NZ?

Try ZOI at IMM just directly opposite Watson at level 1. They are selling some really stylish and good quality jacket at superb low price. $59-79 for a thick jacket from jack & jones etc. I've physically look and touch the material and really worth the value. Only downside is the weight I guess and they don't stock too much size XL and above so if you are average height and size, will be easier to find.
 

TimberWolfMk2

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2011
Messages
83
Reaction score
3
Thanks guys, will check out these shops over the weekend! Yikes 11 degrees is pretty cold! A friend living there says it can get as low as 0-5 degrees if there's rain & windchill :s22:
 

whitebb

Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2012
Messages
177
Reaction score
0
Auckland is cold in the morning n night. Just back from there.
The winter wear is indeed pricer than sg.
Glove is good to have.
 

fusionz

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2003
Messages
1,841
Reaction score
1
Thanks guys, will check out these shops over the weekend! Yikes 11 degrees is pretty cold! A friend living there says it can get as low as 0-5 degrees if there's rain & windchill :s22:

Temperature cold still not so bad, it's the strong icy wind that comes along. Better to have a beanie which is long enough to cover your ears, scarves to go around your neck, gloves to prevent your fingers from numbness. Also don't get too small a jacket else you can't do layering. Last but not least, lotsa of mosturiser to prevent skin crack.
 

tellaella

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 5, 2014
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Temperature cold still not so bad, it's the strong icy wind that comes along. Better to have a beanie which is long enough to cover your ears, scarves to go around your neck, gloves to prevent your fingers from numbness. Also don't get too small a jacket else you can't do layering. Last but not least, lotsa of mosturiser to prevent skin crack.

Nice tip. I always use these to protect myself from the icy wind. Use a wooly scarf that you can cover your mouth area with, because icy wind will kill your lips.
 

bberry

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2008
Messages
1,266
Reaction score
235
yep, protect the lip with lip gloss.

once lip cracked, cannot kiss or lick liao. :D
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top