Work cum Gaming Laptop

Joined
Apr 28, 2005
Messages
290
Reaction score
0
aftershock is better

Yeah, their specs are indeed competitive. Moreover, it's a 14" and
ultra lightweight.

I read reviews here and considering on establishment, end up I begin
viewing Acer and Asus Zenbook. End up, I bought G14 bcos of its 14"
screen and CPU is AMD. The rest so long not far off vs price tag, I'm fine.
 

NightRaven49

Master Member
Joined
May 17, 2019
Messages
3,742
Reaction score
1,580
aftershock is better

3 of my friends bought aftershock laptops for uni. 1 of them the screen hinge keep on breaking, another 1 the gpu (rtx2060) one day using halfway just die, both were not even after 1 year of use. the last 1 nothing break but the fan curve like rabak only. i would suggest avoiding them as much as possible.
 

aeng

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
1,512
Reaction score
44
I was considering the G14, Legion 5 and Omen 15.
Was after AMD only.

G14 was oos and screen a bit small for my lau hua eyesight.

AMD Omen 15 not easily available here and v expensive to bring in from overseas.

Ended up getting a custom build Legion 5 even though I had to wait abt 6 weeks for it to be delivered.
No regrets, it's good value for $ after discount, even if it is a tad big and heavy.
 

congster2

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2007
Messages
13,268
Reaction score
5,359
suggest dont buy asus. read my thread. shared my recent experience.

Ps I was told this was considered spam even though it’s relevant. Mods feel free to delete if you want to censor me.
 
Last edited:

congster2

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2007
Messages
13,268
Reaction score
5,359
[Pls help!] ASUS Vivobook X510UF-EJ370T (WARNING: DO NOT BUY ASUS LAPTOPS, WINTER WILL COME)

Anyway, I’m also using the vapor 15x, 2070 super version. A little noisy but definitely powerful.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top