WORKING ABROAD

keshire

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2012
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Hello all ~
Im looking to travel overseas and work while there (to lessen the financial burden)

I am not a student, nor am i an under grad..

I only finished secondary school N levels.....

I am Singaporean and my BF is Malaysian.

Wanted to go Australia or New Zealand BUT unfortunately, it is easier for him to apply for a working visa then me..

But we are both not studying. We planned to work on a farm or maybe something animal related as he is not very fluent in English.

Well besides this 2 countries, where else can i work for that can earn me about 100SGD a day? I know fruit picking in AUS can earn up to 200$ a day..

1. Im only N level certified, can i apply for working visa?
2. we both are experienced in the pet industry (we've worked at petshops, with pets, with exotic animals etc)
3. where can i go that is in Asia, preferred if it's a chinese speaking country that could give us a reasonable pay?

Thanks!

any other kinds of comments and opinions are welcomed as well.
 

Hisashiburi

High Supremacy Member
Joined
May 12, 2012
Messages
26,701
Reaction score
8,493
Nz has a work program for sg and my people.
Have to be between 18 to 30 and some other requirements.

I dont think there are other countries.

I thought there used to be a work program for youth for commonwealth countries but cant find info on it.

Hello all ~
Im looking to travel overseas and work while there (to lessen the financial burden)

I am not a student, nor am i an under grad..

I only finished secondary school N levels.....

I am Singaporean and my BF is Malaysian.

Wanted to go Australia or New Zealand BUT unfortunately, it is easier for him to apply for a working visa then me..

But we are both not studying. We planned to work on a farm or maybe something animal related as he is not very fluent in English.

Well besides this 2 countries, where else can i work for that can earn me about 100SGD a day? I know fruit picking in AUS can earn up to 200$ a day..

1. Im only N level certified, can i apply for working visa?
2. we both are experienced in the pet industry (we've worked at petshops, with pets, with exotic animals etc)
3. where can i go that is in Asia, preferred if it's a chinese speaking country that could give us a reasonable pay?

Thanks!

any other kinds of comments and opinions are welcomed as well.
 

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2006
Messages
23,202
Reaction score
80
Australia and New Zealand are not Asian countries.
Not sure any Asian countries would pay sgd$100 a day! 1 mth if work and one is making $2k a mth for working holiday program.
Asian countries with such high income is like hk but they have this going.

New Zealand only has the below program for Singaporean. Only avail to poly or degree students.
Singapore Work Exchange Programme

Working holiday is not a avail for Singaporean and Malaysian
https://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/417.aspx

So with oz or nz is not a matter of easier there is nothing for u to apply.

Read below
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/eat-drink-man-woman-16/singapore-puzzled-me-no-working-holiday-schemes-other-cty-3950295.html

Only option is go Taiwan or hk on travel visa and find job and change your visa. I doubt Taiwanese take home so much money a mth. A English teacher makes like usd$2-3k a mth.

China forget it. Hong Kong a dip holder makes like hkd$15k to hkd$30k depending on exp. N level Iit would be less.
http://www.afcd.gov.hk/english/aboutus/abt_car/abt_car_info.html
 
Last edited:

Grampa

Banned
Joined
Oct 8, 2013
Messages
16,949
Reaction score
2
Hello all ~
Im looking to travel overseas and work while there (to lessen the financial burden)

I am not a student, nor am i an under grad..

I only finished secondary school N levels.....

I am Singaporean and my BF is Malaysian.

Wanted to go Australia or New Zealand BUT unfortunately, it is easier for him to apply for a working visa then me..

But we are both not studying. We planned to work on a farm or maybe something animal related as he is not very fluent in English.

Well besides this 2 countries, where else can i work for that can earn me about 100SGD a day? I know fruit picking in AUS can earn up to 200$ a day..

1. Im only N level certified, can i apply for working visa?
2. we both are experienced in the pet industry (we've worked at petshops, with pets, with exotic animals etc)
3. where can i go that is in Asia, preferred if it's a chinese speaking country that could give us a reasonable pay?

Thanks!

any other kinds of comments and opinions are welcomed as well.

$200 a day picking fruits. nice
 

veryred

Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2009
Messages
220
Reaction score
0
I am currently in NZ for a working holiday. Basically I am working here for $ to fund for my travels in NZ.

To be honest when I applied for the visa the person did not check my school status (although I am currently in uni now so I wouldn't have problem providing proof anyways) you can bank on that but no guarantee. If they were to check, perhaps you still have ur moe ezlink card with you?

Jobs in NZ really depends on season. So please come at the right timing.
Working in fruit picking industry or pack house usually earns you minimum wage (14.25nzd/hr) but you can work long hours, 7 days a week. I know people who work in two pack house, so they work like 17 hours a day, 7 days a week. I mean it's hazardous for ur health and totally not worth it but if u really need the money thats what you can do. fruit picking generally starts in march and ends in late june.

Another job option would be waiter / waitress.
I have contacts with a few recruitment agency which hires banquet staff for hotels and events. For this kind of job it is best to come during the summer where there is perpetually events everyday.
You can also try your luck in cafes and restaurants but hours are not stable. So if you are looking to save truckloads of money, this is not a good option.


You can also come if you have dealer experience as skycity is always hiring and they prefer people who can speak english, chinese and cantonese because of the huge volume of Malaysian vips.


Winter is generally not a good time to come to job hunt because its pretty low peak, not much events and its not fruit picking season as well unless you are a qualified accountant ( they seem to always need accountants) and furthermore the weather is freaking bad.

by the way u mentioned ur bf is a Malaysian so I suppose he speaks canto? Can head to chinatown. they always need people who can speak eng, mandarin and canto.

good luck, have fun
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top