Shiro MS08th
Senior Member
- Joined
- Dec 2, 2004
- Messages
- 1,502
- Reaction score
- 2

still looking for a comfy and classic look for a black working shoe..any recommendation?
rockport, ecco, geox are comfortable, but fugly..
Haha. Wasn't really what I meant. More like flashy for the sake of being flashy/trendy.
Can anyone tell me like which type of loafers would u prefer and why?
The shape of the toes are different, what are they called btw? Square toe & round toe?
I'm not sure which type to buy. The pointed one is harder to match and more formal right?
Below is a jm weston vs llyr
![]()
![]()
Bro,![]()
I'm not talking about the brand, image is used for reference. I just want to know more bout the shape of the toes like preference etc..
Bro,![]()
I'm not talking about the brand, image is used for reference. I just want to know more bout the shape of the toes like preference etc..
I google and found the following design I like..
http://www.bradshawandlloyd.com/loake-202
can't find similar one for meermin..
how much are these? and how to make sure I order the correct size?
I google and found the following design I like..
http://www.bradshawandlloyd.com/loake-202
can't find similar one for meermin..
how much are these? and how to make sure I order the correct size?
Singaporeans don't really care much about the attire I guess. I am also doing sales but as long as I wear pants, leather shoes and a long sleeved shirt, my clients are all OK with it already. Sometimes even dark jeans also can pass. Lol.Lemme guess, creative or account servicing?
Lol. My client is my boss lah. I'm a backend desk jockey.
Surprisingly all the salespersons dress like cowboys. Which is why I'm adverse to anything non-traditional.
Sent from the exploded Death Star using GAGT
A bit OT but what's your take on Thom Browne stuffThose people with contrast stitching and constrast lining will look back at their old photos (in the future) and wonder why they look so weird at that time.
It is amazing how Frank Sinatra, Astaire, Bogart all look dapper today, whilst the fashionable clothes of those yesteryears (Saturday Night Fever, Scarface etc) all look ridiculous now.
I also don't understand why people will consider a guy who wears loud shirts with contrast lining looks smarter than one who wears a simple plain shirt. When I was younger and didn't know much about tailoring. I also made many shirts with those loud colors and all sorts of details like contrasting buttons and buttonholes. However, during that period, I got alot of comments that my clothes look good. Now that I wear simple shirts which fit well but without all those flashy stuff, they asked why I downgrade and stopped going for tailored clothes. Lol.

Note the last of the shoe, find models made using a similar last. Compile a list. Go to Robinson's and pray they have at least one on your list to try. And don't worry, the sales staff there are used to people just going there to try on Loakes only to go home and buy online.
I've got a pair of Meermin Hiro Oxfords in 9.5UK, you can PM me if you want to try it out.
Note the last of the shoe, find models made using a similar last. Compile a list. Go to Robinson's and pray they have at least one on your list to try. And don't worry, the sales staff there are used to people just going there to try on Loakes only to go home and buy online.
I've got a pair of Meermin Hiro Oxfords in 9.5UK, you can PM me if you want to try it out.
PSA: there's quite a few meermin oxfords In hiro on sale at carousell, if you can find one in your size why not go down and give it a try and if it fits, purchase them locally. Given the strong exchange rate now their pricing are around the same if not cheaper.Hi Stormcontrol,
Pls allow me to "hijack" this thread for personal benefit, before I fire the buy button at Meermin, may I know what is your usual shoe size you wear for eg in US or EU? I am eyeing Meermin's double monk or Oxfords in Hiro last and they had suggested size for double monk.
Appreciate your reply and thank you very much.
PSA: there's quite a few meermin oxfords In hiro on sale at carousell, if you can find one in your size why not go down and give it a try and if it fits, purchase them locally. Given the strong exchange rate now their pricing are around the same if not cheaper.
I got one pair in UK 8, but as of late the shoe is killing me, feels like it is bruising the bones on the top of my left feet leaving it painful after wearing for a day. No idea why though, the first few wears this issue was absent.
Sent from the Iron Sanctuary using GAGT